Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: This Week in the AFC South
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
After a brutally long off season, and a preseason that showed promise for rookies for each of the AFCS teams the regular season is finally here. The games finally count, and the division's new blood will, in some cases, get their first extended game time.

Let's go to the picks.

Washington at Houston. The Tinhorns had the league's worst record last year, but many do not believe they were anywhere near as bad as their record indicated. Gone is the guy who gave out pick six passes like Halloween candy, to be replaced by Fitzpatrick, a journeyman. He is not a great QB, but should be presentable against a bad Washington defense last year. I don't see the Houston secondary matching up well with the Washington receivers, but with the stud laden Houston front seven, it may not matter. Houston 23 Washington 14.

Tennessee at Kansas City-The tacks also premiere a new coach in Whisenhunt. He is a good coach with a good defensive coordinator in Horton. But they are transitioning into a 3-4 and it is doubtful their first game with the scheme will go smoothly, especially since they lack the personnel. Andy Reid is a good coach and will find ways to attack that defense. Meanwhile Locker has a tough task facing that KC pass rush and that crowd. KC 27 TACKS 16.

Jaguars at Eagles- Most observers see the Jaguars as substantially improved, with some in the media predicting the playoffs. But the team has a long way to get to that point. Bortles remains on the bench while Henne is left to deal with a completely retooled online and a receiving core whose top 3 receivers who will suit for this game without a single carer catch between them. Eagles 31 Jaguars 10.

Indy at Denver- Tough spot for the Colts, who are without their best pass rusher in Robert Mathis the first four weeks, and a depleted offensive line, who face Peyton Manning, Demarcus Ware, Von Miller and the Broncos. Denver 31 Colts 20.
i think Houston loses as well

Agree with your picks.

2-1 so far....

Tennessee with the impressive win. 

Quote:2-1 so far....

I suppose it's impressive but I think KC falls back to earth this year with Alex Smith.  They're still a fringe playoff team but not as good as they looked through parts of last season.  They need help on offense.
Simply no reason we can't win this division.
Quote:Simply no reason we can't win this division.

There's 1 reason.
Julius Thomas is too good.

Quote:2-1 so far....

When I made the picks, I forgot that Bowe was suspended.

KC had no WRs.
Quote:When I made the picks, I forgot that Bowe was suspended.

KC had no WRs.

Dwayne Bowe, even at his absolute best, is not good enough for a 16 point swing.
Quote:Dwayne Bowe, even at his absolute best, is not good enough for a 16 point swing.

Likely right about that. Kudos to the tacks.