Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Metallica Land Spot in ‘Guinness World Records 2015′ Edition
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Metallica Land Spot in ‘Guinness World Records 2015′ Edition

The numbers are staggering — over 120 million records sold worldwide, nine Grammy awards, five consecutive No. 1 albums, but it’s not any of those numbers that have landed Metallica in the ‘Guinness Book of World Records.’

Read More: Metallica Make 'Guinness World Records 2015' Edition | http://loudwire.com/metallica-land-in-gu...ck=tsmclip

Figures they would get in over something trite. 

Overrated. 

I liked 'em back in the 1980's and even liked the more commercial Black Album....but since then, they've been largely crap. 

I do dig some of the Beatallica stuff.
New Metallica album "Hardwired.... To Self-Destruct" due in November. New song posted today. Sounds freaking amazing.

I would link it, but it has curse words in it.

Quote:New Metallica album "Hardwired.... To Self-Destruct" due in November. New song posted today. Sounds freaking amazing.

I'm pleased by it.

It's nothing groundbreaking... sounds like a mix of their better sounds old and new (I think Hetfield is one of few singers that have gotten better with age/time.)

But that's a good thing.  Hope the rest is more like that, and no stupid Lars experiments (hey, what does this snare release do...?)

Wonder if they made the album without needing a therapist?  <Looking at Lars again>
Solid sound. Sounds like a better produced mix between St. Anger and Death Magnetic. If rest of album sounds like this, I can't wait.
http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/201...years.html

80 minutes of music...

!!  !!

:devil:
Quote:<a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2016/08/18/metallica-announces-first-album-in-8-years.html'>http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2016/08/18/metallica-announces-first-album-in-8-years.html</a>

80 minutes of music...

!! !!

:devil:

Doesn't seem that long ago Death Magnetic came out. Damn that's depressing. I'm getting old.
Quote:Doesn't seem that long ago Death Magnetic came out. Damn that's depressing. I'm getting old.

I was rockin to Kill'em All when it came out Sad
Quote:I'm pleased by it.

It's nothing groundbreaking... sounds like a mix of their better sounds old and new (I think Hetfield is one of few singers that have gotten better with age/time.)

But that's a good thing.  Hope the rest is more like that, and no stupid Lars experiments (hey, what does this snare release do...?)

Wonder if they made the album without needing a therapist?  <Looking at Lars again>

He's also one of the few who sound better live than on CD.
Metallica that sounds like Metallica.

I Like it.

Quote:Figures they would get in over something trite. 

Overrated. 

I liked 'em back in the 1980's and even liked the more commercial Black Album....but since then, they've been largely crap. 

I read this and thought, "Who let that guy back in?"

Then I saw the date and thought, "Who bumped a thread so old it was originally posted on papyrus?"

Then I thought, "Why am I in a Metallica thread?"
I was skeptical about the new Metallica song you guys were talking about but I listened to it out of curiosity.  I think it totally rocks!  I might actually purchase a new Metallica record for the first time in 20 years.  Gave up on them after the Black album sucked so bad along with everything after that.  This reminds me of the early stuff.

Quote:I read this and thought, "Who let that guy back in?"

Then I saw the date and thought, "Who bumped a thread so old it was originally posted on papyrus?"

Then I thought, "Why am I in a Metallica thread?"

You think too much...

Stop it.
I'm sure I'm in the minority, but I liked the Black album (first tour I attended, though I'd listened for a long time.)

Liked much less on Load, even less than that with Reload.  So to me, it started to fall apart with Load.

Quote:New Metallica album "Hardwired.... To Self-Destruct" due in November. New song posted today. Sounds freaking amazing.

Did you really dig up a thread from 2014 for this?
Quote:Did you really dig up a thread from 2014 for this?

It was a Metallica thread and I figured why create a new one, lol.
Quote:I'm sure I'm in the minority, but I liked the Black album (first tour I attended, though I'd listened for a long time.)

Liked much less on Load, even less than that with Reload.  So to me, it started to fall apart with Load.
Judging by album sales, you're certainly not in the minority.  I just didn't care for the more radio-friendly, 4 minute songs and Bob Rock production.  I loved the early stuff like all hard-core fans did.  I remember seeing a high school classmate (who was female and a fan of hair bands) dancing at a party to Enter Sandman and I knew it was all over.  Chicks don't dance to Metallica songs at parties.  
Quote:Did you really dig up a thread from 2014 for this?

Does it really matter? If it bothers you so much, why don't you lobby to have threads with no new posts in six months time purged from the board? If not, shut up.
Quote:Does it really matter? If it bothers you so much, why don't you lobby to have threads with no new posts in six months time purged from the board? If not, shut up.

He historically has an issue with everything that I do or say. That is why I didn't link the video because I would have been given a warning for its foul language.
Pages: 1 2