Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Audioslave/Soundgarden's Chris Cornell Dead at 52
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Sad, someone better get eyes on Vedder. He's the last one left.

He was far and beyond my favorite of the Seattle artists of that time.

My surfer roommate in college introduced his music to me (Louder than Love CD at the time.)

Yea sad to see him go.
He was my favorite singer ever. I cried this morning for a bit when I saw the news. It's the first time in a long time where I honestly felt sick seeing someone die outside of my friends and family. I listened to his music throughout my entire life. I can honestly say his music got me through so many rough patches in my young adulthood. I am still in disbelief. Especially with it being suicide at just the age of fifty two. It's even more haunting because his last song in Detroit last night just hours before his death was an encore cover of Led Zeppelin's "In My Time Of Dying". Just gut wrenching. It's so hard to pick a favorite song of mine from him. He was special. And I'll miss the hell out of him. 

Quote:He was my favorite singer ever. I cried this morning for a bit when I saw the news. It's the first time in a long time where I honestly felt sick seeing someone die outside of my friends and family. I listened to his music throughout my entire life. I can honestly say his music got me through so many rough patches in my young adulthood. I am still in disbelief. Especially with it being suicide at just the age of fifty two. It's even more haunting because his last song in Detroit last night just hours before his death was an encore cover of Led Zeppelin's "In My Time Of Dying". Just gut wrenching. It's so hard to pick a favorite song of mine from him. He was special. And I'll miss the hell out of him. 

Yeah he's my favorite voice of all time.  His wife is asserting after speaking to him by phone after the show that he mentioned to her that he had taken more Ativan than was prescribed and she said that he was slurring his words.  She was concerned and had hotel security check on him and when they got there he was already deceased.  She says he wasn't suicidal but the overdose of Ativan put him in a suicidal state.  No one can know but Chris whether that's true or not unfortunately, though I'm sure the overdose didn't help.

There are so many great songs of his to choose from, but a handful of favorites of mine include Fresh Tendrils, Zero Chance and Overfloater.

And what is it with my favorite artists and bands being destroyed by deaths of key members at a relatively young age?  Soundgarden, Alice in Chains (though the reincarnation without Layne is actually still pretty good.), Pantera, Type O Negative, STP, and then guys that left us before I was born or old enough to be into them like Jimi Hendrix and Stevie Ray Vaughan.  Somebody needs to keep an eye on guys like Lajon Witherspoon, Tim Williams (VoD) and Dax Riggs for me (I know these three aren't as big as some of the bands previously mentioned).  

Never was in to his music but..... it's always sad to see an artist go. I'm old enough to remember a few of the greats that have left us early. John Bonham of Led Zeppelin, Sept. 25th 1980 at the age of 32, John Lennon at the age of 40 on Dec 9th 1980 and then there was Bon Scott of AC/DC Died February 19, 1980, at the age of 33. I was a young lad of 19 when they left us so I can imagine how the death of Chris Cornell is affecting some of the younger generation here on this MB.

I generally hate anything grunge with a passion, but Chris's voice was awesome. And he was a fantastic person. RIP, Chris.