Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Jim Irsay Punishment
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Suspended 6 games and find 500k per NFLN.
And he's banned from social media (Twitter) for 6 weeks as well.

Hallelujah!
Too bad they didn't take away a draft pick or two.

At least they didn't make him sell the team.

Yawn

Beat your wife/gf/SO.....get 6 games. Smoke pot, get 4 games. Drive under the influence of cocaine, get 6 games.

I'm missing something here.......

Quote:Beat your wife/gf/SO.....get 6 games. Smoke pot, get 4 games. Drive under the influence of cocaine, get 6 games.

Sorry I reposted this in the NFL forum.

But yeah, it's a sham. There is no parity in the league for off field issues. If you make 45k a year...Irsays fine equalsaround $13.

This punishment has players just shaking their head. Goodell obviously is owned by the rich owners who pay him verrrry well. Think he will mess with that.

Come contract time..CBA...I'm sure the players union looks across at Goodell and wonder how he's planning on sticking it to them.

Drunk. Handful of pills. Arrested. 6 games? How does that punish a team? Probably helped the clots keeping this loser [BLEEP] out of the locker room.
Quote:Beat your wife/gf/SO.....get 6 games. Smoke pot, get 4 games. Drive under the influence of cocaine, get 6 games.

Nothing, you got it right.

This is like that time Khan was caught in the bathroom with that guy.

The NFL covers these things up real quick.
Quote:Too bad they didn't take away a draft pick or two.
I was thinking they should have to give up their 1st round pick for Trent Richardson
Slap on the wrist
Lol, they fined him the maximum allowed and he cant attend a game for 6 weeks.  That seems good enough for me.

Weed and other drugs are under the same cba for the players that they all agreed to, but now people want to say shame on the owners and NFL for enforcing it as written in the cba.  The players want to complain about everything in the cba now, but when they signed it, they were ok with it.

I'm no Irsay fan, but for a first offense (and he's not under the cba so nothing really had to happen) 6 games seems fair.

I think taking away his Twitter is going to hurt Irsay the most, honestly. We all know how much he loves to post about this day of MONSTER SUSPEND.

Quote:I think taking away his Twitter is going to hurt Irsay the most, honestly. We all know how much he loves to post about this day of MONSTER SUSPEND.

Exactly,,without the Twitter crutch he will soon be back on the booze and drugs to fill his time.