Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: JJ Watt Extension
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
6 years, $100 million.

Don't worry Jags fans, in case you were concerned about it you'll get to see MegaWatt play against Blake Bortles for a long time. Wink

Here's to hopefully a decent season between both teams.
Good for him. He's a hell of a player and seems like a good guy.

Houston is lucky to have him.

No brainer. Thanks again Gene.
Good for him. Well earned and much deserved.
Quote:6 years, $100 million.

Don't worry Jags fans, in case you were concerned about it you'll get to see MegaWatt play against Blake Bortles for a long time. Wink

Good thing we won't have to worry about scoring many points since Houston will have well over $200 million tied into the front seven if things go their way.

Yes but, Bortles also likely won't be as affected by Watt's best attribute....certainly not like Gabbert & Henne are/ were. Not only is Bortles tall, but Bortles seems to throw at a higher trajectory than those 2. Oh, and Bortles actually executes the pump fake pretty well....

Quote:Good for him. He's a hell of a player and seems like a good guy.

Houston is lucky to have him.
This.

How does this fall in line with other top paid DE's in the league? Just curious.
That's a real shame for Watt. He'll be another Andre Johnson.

I can just picture it now. The year is 2020, the texans are 32-64 over that time frame with no season of more than 8 wins.

He'll be complaining about how he wants to play for a contender, but he'll only have himself to blame.

Quote:That's a real shame for Watt. He'll be another Andre Johnson.

I can just picture it now. The year is 2020, the texans are 32-64 over that time frame with no season of more than 8 wins.

He'll be complaining about how he wants to play for a contender, but he'll only have himself to blame.
100 million dollars later.  Real shame. 
Quote:That's a real shame for Watt. He'll be another Andre Johnson.

Yeah. Poor guy.
Hard to feel sorry for the guy, but you know Clowney is going to want to get paid before his rookie deal is up. They will likely be just good enough to where they can't land that franchise QB in the draft without trading the farm. I'd be a little uneasy if I were a tinhorn fan right now.

Quote:Yeah. Poor guy.

Obviously he's not poor, I just can already see the result of building the texans team this way coming. Mallet isn't the answer, he's another Gabbert/Henne/Schaub.

He got what was important to him, getting paid immediately. One day he'll complain about the lack of winning, but he'll only have himself to blame for it. These guys could play out a contract and get a free agency mega deal with a contender if they weren't purely motivated by grabbing for the money as soon as it's waved in front of their face.
Quote:Obviously he's not poor, I just can already see the result of building the texans team this way coming. Mallet isn't the answer, he's another Gabbert/Henne/Schaub.

He got what was important to him, getting paid immediately. One day he'll complain about the lack of winning, but he'll only have himself to blame for it. These guys could play out a contract and get a free agency mega deal with a contender if they weren't purely motivated by grabbing for the money as soon as it's waved in front of their face.

Or he could have torn his ACL this year in the last year of his rookie deal. Take the money when you can. Complain later.
Quote:Or he could have torn his ACL this year in the last year of his rookie deal. Take the money when you can. Complain later.

Even with a torn ACL he'd get a big contract. It's the way the NFL is now.

Of course he might have to settle for a little bit less either way if he wanted to go to a winner, but that really wasn't the point, the point was we've seen where he's headed many times before.
Quote:Obviously he's not poor, I just can already see the result of building the texans team this way coming. Mallet isn't the answer, he's another Gabbert/Henne/Schaub.

signed mario williams and the bills. 
Good for him, can't hate on Watt even though he plays for the tinhorns. They're lucky to have him.

Quote:How does this fall in line with other top paid DE's in the league? Just curious.

Highest paid in NFL history. Lots of money, but actually cheaper than what some analytic websites had him getting. They predicted he could earn up to $150 million.
Good football player, he earned it.

Quote:Yes but, Bortles also likely won't be as affected by Watt's best attribute....certainly not like Gabbert & Henne are/ were. Not only is Bortles tall, but Bortles seems to throw at a higher trajectory than those 2. Oh, and Bortles actually executes the pump fake pretty well....

I can agree with that. I've liked Bortles since the beginning, and was the only other guy I would have considered at 1-1 for the Texans. I definitely think he has the potential to handle pressure better than Andrew Luck.

As a Texan fan if he proves to be a franchise starter for you guys it's disappointing, but it will be nice to see the division get stronger overall. Just makes the games more meaningful.
Pages: 1 2