Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Who are the starting receivers week 1
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Not counting the slot. Is it gonna be shorts and hurns or shorts and lee? IMO it should be shorts and hurns with lee in the slot.
I thought we weren't counting the slot?

For the millionth time in various threads....

It's going to be shorts and Lee.
It will be Shorts and Hurns on the outside with Lee in the slot....

Quote:It will be Shorts and Hurns on the outside with Lee in the slot....

Thats assuming the jaguars open up with 3 receivers on the field.

This is one of the weirdest things to try and guess because shorts could be in the slot, hurns could be...

The main thing is on the depth chart I believe shorts and Lee will be listed as 1 and 2.
Quote:Thats assuming the jaguars open up with 3 receivers on the field.

This is one of the weirdest things to try and guess because shorts could be in the slot, hurns could be...

The main thing is on the depth chart I believe shorts and Lee will be listed as 1 and 2.

Hurns is too big, lanky, and stiff in the hips to play in the slot. I doubt they put him in there inless they're running a "bunch" formation and it's third and short. Lee has the perfect mold to play in the slot, he's shifty, quick off the line of scrimmage, and he should be talented enough to give a nickel cornerback a run for his money. Shorts is arguably the most experienced and fastest receiver we have on the team right now. Naturally he'll be the guy you keep on the outside to stretch the field and keep the lead corner and safety on their toes. This, IMHO, will be Fisch's primary gameplan. We didn't get to see Robinson play at all this pre-season that much. He's probably going to be the guy that rotates in/out with Hurns on the opposite of Shorts. Sanders will be the guy you want to rotate in/out with Lee. That's not to say that you won't ever see Lee on the outside, or Shorts in the slot. I just think, from an overall experience/size and match-up. You'd go with Shorts on the right outside, Hurns on the left outside, and Lee in the slot on either side.
Quote:For the millionth time in various threads....

It's going to be shorts and Lee.
Sorry I don't read every page of every thread man! I'll be sure to do that next time!!!
Why not count the slot? People want to know who will play that position while Ace Sanders is out because originally he was going to be our slot guy.

Obviously Cecil Shorts will be one of them. I expect Lee and Hurns to be the other two while we wait for Allen Robinson to get healthy and Sanders returning in Week 5.

Quote:Sorry I don't read every page of every thread man! I'll be sure to do that next time!!!
<a class="bbc_url" href='http://jungle.jaguars.com/index.php?/topic/6327-predict-the-rank-of-the-wideouts/#entry264528'>http://jungle.jaguars.com/index.php?/topic/6327-predict-the-rank-of-the-wideouts/#entry264528</a>

<a class="bbc_url" href='http://jungle.jaguars.com/index.php?/topic/6244-whos-going-to-be-our-receivers/#entry261250'>http://jungle.jaguars.com/index.php?/topic/6244-whos-going-to-be-our-receivers/#entry261250</a>

Those are just the ones that mention it in the title in the past 8 days. Took me approximately 2 minutes to look.

I just get annoyed when people post the same threads and don't bother to look at what a lot of other people already took time to post.
I just can't see any reason that Hurns shouldn't start in any set. He should be on the outside always. Lee will do wonders from the slot I feel, but Hurns is much more suited on the outside than Lee. I feel there is really no role for Ace on this offense besides PR
Quote:<a class="bbc_url" href='http://jungle.jaguars.com/index.php?/topic/6327-predict-the-rank-of-the-wideouts/#entry264528'>http://jungle.jaguars.com/index.php?/topic/6327-predict-the-rank-of-the-wideouts/#entry264528</a>

<a class="bbc_url" href='http://jungle.jaguars.com/index.php?/topic/6244-whos-going-to-be-our-receivers/#entry261250'>http://jungle.jaguars.com/index.php?/topic/6244-whos-going-to-be-our-receivers/#entry261250</a>

Those are just the ones that mention it in the title in the past 8 days. Took me approximately 2 minutes to look.

Too much sand in your vajayjay?
Quote:I just can't see any reason that Hurns shouldn't start in any set. He should be on the outside always. Lee will do wonders from the slot I feel, but Hurns is much more suited on the outside than Lee. I feel there is really no role for Ace on this offense besides PR

You coach a lot of football teams?
Quote:Too much sand in your vajayjay?

Too many lazy posters on the forum.

Too many that are uneducated when it comes to football, that like to impose uneducated opinions on others.

Instead of asking who the starters were going to be, why couldn't you just do what you intended to the whole time and tell us who you want them to be?
Quote:Too many lazy posters on the forum.

Too many that are uneducated when it comes to football, that like to impose uneducated opinions on others.

Instead of asking who the starters were going to be, why couldn't you just do what you intended to the whole time and tell us who you want them to be?
Someone needs to get laid.

I'm so sorry for giving my opinion. I'll be sure not to do that on a fan forum from now on.
thrown in some Arob and Brown and we are going to have a fun time trying to keep all the talent off the field.

Quote:Hurns is too big, lanky, and stiff in the hips to play in the slot. I doubt they put him in there inless they're running a "bunch" formation and it's third and short. Lee has the perfect mold to play in the slot, he's shifty, quick off the line of scrimmage, and he should be talented enough to give a nickel cornerback a run for his money. Shorts is arguably the most experienced and fastest receiver we have on the team right now. Naturally he'll be the guy you keep on the outside to stretch the field and keep the lead corner and safety on their toes. This, IMHO, will be Fisch's primary gameplan. We didn't get to see Robinson play at all this pre-season that much. He's probably going to be the guy that rotates in/out with Hurns on the opposite of Shorts. Sanders will be the guy you want to rotate in/out with Lee. That's not to say that you won't ever see Lee on the outside, or Shorts in the slot. I just think, from an overall experience/size and match-up. You'd go with Shorts on the right outside, Hurns on the left outside, and Lee in the slot on either side.

Arguably the most experienced? Where were you two years ago when Shorts was the only one of our current wide receivers on the roster? The rest were in college then. (Kerry Taylor and Mike Brown don't count because they are perennial backups.)

That looks like the opposite description I would expect for a slot receiver. I thought the most talented guys had to be outside because they have more room to run.

The question is who the starters will be. When we rotate receivers, should it be Lee first and Hurns second in the slot?
Quote:thrown in some Arob and Brown and we are going to have a fun time trying to keep all the talent off the field.
Just think back to last year. Who would have ever guessed that we would have this problem?
Quote:Too many lazy posters on the forum.

Because that would be a totally different objective. The OP may only want to know our predictions and not what we want.

I personally always had a hard time understanding the slot receiver position because he is still called a WR, not a TE.
Quote:You coach a lot of football teams?
Nah..but I'd bet that I have way more knowledge and was 1000 times the player you ever were
Quote:Just think back to last year. Who would have ever guessed that we would have this problem?

It is not a problem. When Blake Bortles takes over, we will see a more even run/pass ratio. Allen Robinson needs to heal and Ace Sanders needs to take four weeks off, so we only have four receivers in September. And with three rookies starting at the position we are still not going to be as good as the teams with three veterans starting.

shorts/lee/robinson/hurns/brown..

sanders will be 5th wr when he comes back week 5..

Pages: 1 2