Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Jags add Henry Josey to practice squad
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Was very good in the preseason for Philly (http://www.nfl.com/player/henryjosey/2550574/profile)

Nice video on him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C3fsbbWlO_c

Great Vid, thanks !

Nice story, but I didn't know his knee was ripped up to that extent. I thought it was just a regular ACL tear. 

He's likely one knee injury away from retirement. Enjoy his play in the meantime. 

If He Can Return, Could Replace Todman
Per rotoworld:

Quote:Jaguars sign Josey to practice squad

Henry Josey | JAC

(August 31, 2014 5:19 PM EDT)

Jaguars signed RB Henry Josey to their practice squad.

Josey shredded the preseason, averaging 6.6 YPC in Philadelphia. He ran 4.43 at the Combine, but stands 5-foot-8, 194, and will likely be viewed as a change-of-pace prospect at the bottom of Jacksonville's tailback depth chart. Per ESPN's Adam Caplan, Josey chose signing with the Jags over the Redskins.

SOURCE: 

ADAM CAPLAN ON TWITTER
Josey is an example of how smaller players are indeed more injury prone. 

He essentially hurt his knee on that play because the stronger, bigger player was able to grab him by the shoulder area, stop his motion and rip him backwards thus twisting his knee into a pretzel, for lack of a better description. 

That trainer in the video looks like a high-school dropout version of Bill Belichick. Talks like him too
Quote:Josey is an example of how smaller players are indeed more injury prone.

He essentially hurt his knee on that play because the stronger, bigger player was able to grab him by the shoulder area, stop his motion and rip him backwards thus twisting his knee into a pretzel, for lack of a better description.

I guess that explains Bo Jackson's career ending injury.

Or maybe football is just an injury prone sport.
Quote:I guess that explains Bo Jackson's career ending injury.

Or maybe football is just an injury prone sport.
 could be that huh?
Quote: could be that huh?

Stating that football is an injury prone sport is stating the obvious. 

And smaller, weaker players are going to be more prone to injury than bigger, stronger players. Thats not to say bigger players also don't get hurt. 
Quote:Stating that football is an injury prone sport is stating the obvious. 

And smaller, weaker players are going to be more prone to injury than bigger, stronger players. Thats not to say bigger players also don't get hurt. 
agreed but I do believe smaller players play a vital role in football and have there own set of advantages.
Quote:agreed but I do believe smaller players play a vital role in football and have there own set of advantages.

Smaller, strong/ solid framed players like Mojo and Steve Smith do for sure. 
Quote:Smaller, strong/ solid framed players like Mojo and Steve Smith do for sure. 
I would agree with that.. gotta be built like a small tank to play this game.
Quote:Josey is an example of how smaller players are indeed more injury prone. 

I'm certainly not making light of the horrific knee injury to Henry Josey.   Thankfully,  he's beaten the odds.    But you brought back memories of the classic Honeymooners episode in a pool hall when Ralph denied telling Harvey he's going to twist him into a pretzel.    From the standpoint of TV comedy,  it doesn't get any better.

The bottom line is when any player takes the field in an NFL game,   the next play could be his last.   This is a highly risky sport for players of all sizes.   Smaller players often do get hurt but there are some injuries that would occur to practically any player if they are in a vulnerable position.
Quote:Stating that football is an injury prone sport is stating the obvious.

Do you have something to back this up or is this just an opinion?
He spoke it, therefore it is fact...

I am surprised by this signing but Josey is a outstanding player. In the SEC championship game he made a believer out of me.

Quote:And smaller, weaker players are going to be more prone to injury than bigger, stronger players.
I'd like to see some empirical evidence clearly demonstrating this. I'd also be curious to see the average height/weight and position of all players who suffered a season-ending injury last year. My gut feeling is that you'll see more linemen than anything else.

I'm a little surprised to see Josey come here, where there's a locked-in top back and three promising younger runners behind him, over a team like Washington that has a great starter but virtually no depth.
While I'm skeptical of the player, I'm rooting for him now.
Competition. Gotta love it!
Pages: 1 2