Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Injury or excuses...?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I like Bortles but this is the second season the man has complained about injuries right after the season ended... I hope it's true and this is why he has been bad, but right now it's sounding like excuses to me....

Quote:I like Bortles but this is the second season the man has complained about injuries right after the season ended... I hope it's true and this is why he has been bad, but right now it's sounding like excuses to me....

Did you miss the 8 page thread on this already in progress?
My dog ate my throwing shoulder

-Bortles
Quote:My dog ate my throwing shoulder

-Bortles

Sounds like something a kindergartner would say.
It's the end of the season....you ask and everyone will reveal all...during the season...no
Considering he's been sacked(that's just sacked, not including knockdowns and hits) over 100 times in his 3 year career, I believe he has been playing hurt. Whether you want to believe it or not is your opinion.
I think the OP is being overly harsh.

We know for a fact after watching the Detroit game, something was wrong with his shoulder.

I think if Bortles were an excuse maker, he would make the excuse after every bad game.  But he didn't.

He didn't pass the buck or use-or even disclose the injury.  He always said he needed to play better.

I think it is entirely possible/probable he played with one or more injuries throughout the year, and it is entirely possible/probable that it adversely impacted his performance.

Same thing happened with Freddie t with Tom. 

If injured, isn't it a requirement in the NFL to report the injury and list him as questionable on the weekly injury report?

Did we violate the NFL Policy?

Quote:If injured, isn't it a requirement in the NFL to report the injury and list him as questionable on the weekly injury report?

No, Because.  Have to prove it with inconclusive evidence.   And right now,,,,,  Being end of season,,, Only, Locker room talk.  To boost bad performance. 

Man, I understand being optimistic and hopeful because lets face it, as Jaguar fans, hope is all we have, but if you guys think Bortles is going to magically heal over the off-season and come back to some pro-bowl form, I think you are sadly mistaken. 

Quote:Man, I understand being optimistic and hopeful because lets face it, as Jaguar fans, hope is all we have, but if you guys think Bortles is going to magically heal over the off-season and come back to some pro-bowl form, I think you are sadly mistaken. 
I will agree.  And no, No squares for me. 
Quote:If injured, isn't it a requirement in the NFL to report the injury and list him as questionable on the weekly injury report?

If the TEAM knew they had to disclose... but if Bortles didn't disclose it to the team, well.. no rule there!
Everybody that plays in the NFL plays banged up...I don't think you have to disclose "banged up".

Remember that kid you used play with in your neighborhood? The one that used to always say if he had better equipment or a different ball or the coach didnt like him senior year.. yeah Bortles is that kid. 

Quote:Remember that kid you used play with in your neighborhood? The one that used to always say if he had better equipment or a different ball or the coach didnt like him senior year.. yeah Bortles is that kid. 

I always use the excuse when bowling. A house bowling ball typically knocks 150 points off my usual score when I am using the custom bowling ball I don't happen to even own.
His game by game stats don't reflect the digression that would reflect tendonitis in a sense that it would continually worsen as the season progresses.  That's a pretty tough nagging injury to attempt to hide from a team for a 16 game stretch.

Also, I'd have to think that his reps would have been limited in practice if this was impacting his performance.

I'm convinced Bortles could have been playing with a broken leg, gonorreha and swine flu and some people would still question his toughness.

The blind hatred is real
When they changed the injury reports to practice reports, I always thought you only had to disclose an injury if you missed practice time.

Seems like the first go around, he didn't miss any practice time.
Quote:I'm convinced Bortles could have been playing with a broken leg, gonorreha and swine flu and some people would still question his toughness.

The blind hatred is real

Not questioning toughness but rather a production trend that would correlate with tendonitis.

I would have expected an efficient start followed by a downward trend that resulted from ongoing tendonitis which worsened due to the rigors and continued reps that occurred throughout the season.

So, he had tendonitis from September but the team never knew about this and he never received shots or treatments to help mitigate the pain ??

If the team knew about it they should have reported it, treated it, and limited his reps.   
Pages: 1 2