Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: How to complain to the cable company
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Mom thinks it is all my fault because I did not Google Ohio State's schedule but I think Cox has an obligation to let her know what channels we have - both the networks in her plan and the channel numbers. There is no reason I should have to go online and use my mouse to figure out I have CBS Sports and it is channel 1269. When I lived in Ohio, I did not have to. A TV channel listing with the network name and channel number was on a printed card that came with the cable or satellite. I could have figured out simply by reading that I get the channel Ohio State/Navy was on. Now what I want to do is contact the Cox headquarters to blame them for making me miss a game by not telling Mom what channels she gets.

Unfortunately, despite the fact Cox is also my Internet provider, they have no email address. When I click on Contact I have to select the local office because it is a home, not a business. They only want people to contact them about sales and support, not a problem with their customer service. Without being the actual customer, I can't talk on the phone or do a live chat online because they only do that for people who pay them and ask multiple security questions. That leaves me with snail mail, which I don't want to do because they would start sending me mail back.

Has anyone else been able to communicate with a company like this? What can I do to make sure they do not ignore a customer's daughter who lives with her?

We usually ignore you. Chances are, they will too.

It's a lost cause JW. We are a small customer to a huge business. The only way they "really" listen is when you have enough numbers of customers to have a negative effect on their bottom line.

Either that, or you constantly hound one single manager in an unusual way .. daily. Mail a copy of the same letter every day to the same Manager ... because it is a different tactic to most of the stuff they pitch in the trash, or disregard each and every day.

The squeaky wheel used to get the grease, but now days they all, or too many squeak. These days you have to almost come off as a crazy person before customer support takes you serious.

"If I don't get to watch Wheel Of Fortune Tomorrow, I swear I am going <Insert crazy>"

Being real though ...

You almost have to change everything every year (Cable/Phone/Internet) ... They give new customers the best care, and the best deals. Existing customers are already on the stringer, so they don't bait the hook to catch what is already on their stringer. Most people are too lazy to follow through with changing providers, and they know that.

Quote:We usually ignore you. Chances are, they will too.

We do?  :blink:
We just added a sports package to our Comcast business account. We could not locate a channel lineup on their web site. Their representative on the phone could not locate a channel lineup on their web site. He emailed us a channel lineup, but it too was wrong. We spent hours trying to get a print out of the channels we just purchased but never could.

They can tell us what stations we now have, they can not tell us what channels they are on. We finally picked up the remote and went through each one and wrote down the channel number.

How does this happen? Who knows.

Regards......................the Chiefjag

You can't do anything because that's how it is. If you don't like your provider, stop using them. Instead of TV, pick up a book. Instead of facebook or forums, pick up a phone and socialize. All companies are like that now. They offer virtually the same rates and prices and deals and try to give off the illusion to the people that they're actual competitors via lame commericals with this service or that service, etc.

Don't buy DirecTV - We have DishNetwork and the Hopper - Oh wait....DirecTV now has the Genie.

Don't buy AT&T - Buy Comcast - We have the best deals for six month starters - Oh wait... AT&T also has that.

It's stupid. They pitch it, we buy it. Again, I cannot stress this enough, YOU DO HAVE an alternative option. Just look a bit further. I am sure something will turn up....

Caldrac, are you telling me I should not be able to watch any football games? The only way to get rid of Cox is move out of Gainesville, and that is not happening. I am not allowed to have DirecTV due to condo association rules. No other cable companies operate in Alachua County.

When will the day come that we can watch live games online regardless of our Internet provider and never even have to know hundreds of TV channels?

You don't get a program guide on your tv with Cox? On comcast you hit the guide button and it lets you scroll through all the channels and see what's playing for several hours, even days ahead of time.

I'm sorry JW, but you missed the game because you didn't want to change from the way that your old cable company used to do it, but you are going to have to change to the way Cox does it, because they are not going to change for you. You can complain to them all you want, but most likely they aren't even going to listen because they know they don't have to change.
Yeah, I'm pretty sure all cable and satellite providers have guide channels you can search to find what channels are available.
I've always found that if Mom says it's your fault , then there's a 99.9% probability that it actually is your fault...

I go on the internet every day to check channels. The site I use has a nasty habit of removing channels I like and replacing them with similar channels. Now I have to look up some individual channels to see their lineup for the day/week. I could just complain about it, but I'd rather do a smidgeon of "work" and watch what I want to watch...

(Like checking the internet for a couple of minutes is work...)

Cable television is archaic. The idea of having to know an arbitrary number and date just to watch something you've paid for is way out of date. With all the advances in technology, they're constantly behind, yet charge the most. Why isn't there a Siri for cable television? We pay for it, where is she at? Why can I do all this stuff with free services that I can't do with an extremely expensive service? Not impressed.
Quote:Cable television is archaic. The idea of having to know an arbitrary number and date just to watch something you've paid for is way out of date. With all the advances in technology, they're constantly behind, yet charge the most. Why isn't there a Siri for cable television? We pay for it, where is she at? Why can I do all this stuff with free services that I can't do with an extremely expensive service? Not impressed.

Don't they have that now? Isn't that what those commercials with Jimmy Fallon doing all the voice impressions while talking to the tv were all about?
Quote:Don't they have that now? Isn't that what those commercials with Jimmy Fallon doing all the voice impressions while talking to the tv were all about?

I looked it up, looks like its for xfinity. I have uverse and I sure don't have it. They should have had this before Apple had it. Just like with the DVR they are playing catchup when another company proves how obsolete their expensive product is.
Quote:You don't get a program guide on your tv with Cox? On comcast you hit the guide button and it lets you scroll through all the channels and see what's playing for several hours, even days ahead of time.

I'm sorry JW, but you missed the game because you didn't want to change from the way that your old cable company used to do it, but you are going to have to change to the way Cox does it, because they are not going to change for you. You can complain to them all you want, but most likely they aren't even going to listen because they know they don't have to change.

Bingo. 
this seems somewhat relevant 

[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a7fcCtFFCs4[/media]

It's not the cable company's fault that you were too lazy to look for the channel.  This is not a difficult concept.

Quote:There is no reason I should have to go online and use my mouse to figure out I have CBS Sports and it is channel 1269.

Here's the good news - you can use the Windows Voice Recognition utility instead of a mouse.

There. Problem solved.
Wow.

Quote:Here's the good news - you can use the Windows Voice Recognition utility instead of a mouse.

There. Problem solved.

Either that, or just pull up the channel guide. Yeah, that's tough stuff.
Pages: 1 2 3