Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: The 2014 AFCS Champion WILL be
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Let's aim a little lower than that. How about we discuss the leader out of the gate, which also gives them a head start to become the 2014 AFCS Champion.

Colts @ Broncos

Jaguars @ Eagles

Texans vs Redskins (Home)

Titans @ Chiefs

You get 100% to work with. (Which around here means Jaguars 110%, everyone else 0%)

Team by team, given the location, and competition … what is “your” percentage prediction to lead the AFCS out of the gate.

Mine

Colts - 18%

Jaguars - 24%

Texans - 37%

Titans – 21%

=100%

You may add your reasoning for your predictions, I prefer not to. At least try to make your math work.  Tongue

Texans have the best chance to be 1-0.

Would also not be surprised if all AFC South teams start 0-1.

I say they all go 0-1 except the tacks who get an upset win
<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">Colts - 25%

Facing Peyton Manning at home is never a great deal, but I think the Colts could do it.  I certainly wouldn't count them out.  

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">

Jaguars - 30%

Nick Foles could regress, and Henne could get injured, forcing Bortles to step in.  They are at an advantage like the Texans because they face an NFC team in week one, meaning their AFC Record will not be diminished out of the gate.

Texans - 35%

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">Most likely to actually win their first game.  Not a gimme though by any means.  Lack of QB will hurt them significantly.  Like the Jaguars, they benefit from facing an NFC team.  And a weaker team at that. 

Titans - 10%

Like the Colts, they face an AFC Playoff contender.  Unlike the Colts they have Jake Locker as their starting QB.  Chiefs should win this one without much difficulty.

I predict the colts to get destroyed.

The jaguars to lose by 2 scores.

Titans to lose by 2 scores.

And Texans to actually win a close one.
I can see a few of you do not grasp the concept..

4 x 0% does not = 100%

Good job Doc 11.  Smile

Quote:4 x 0% does not = 100%

In this case, I think it does  Tongue
Quote:In this case, I think it does  Tongue

I see what you are getting at.  :thumbsup:

100% of 0% = 100% of 0% ...  which is 100%

4 x 25% = 100% of 100%

4 teams x 0% chance of winning = AFCS%
Texans have the best chance to go be 1-0 after week 1. I'd say 65% probability. 

The Colts have maybe a 15% chance of winning week 1. 

The Titans have a 15% chance to win week 1. 

And the Jags maybe a 5% chance to win week 1. 

I think all 4 teams lose.

Maybe I'm too optimistic.

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">Colts - 20%

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">The Broncos are good, but so are the Colts. One or two balls bounce to favor the Colts, and it can go either way.

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">Jaguars - 30% 

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">I don't fear the Eagles, and I don't think the Jaguars should either.

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">Texans - 30% 

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">On paper, the Texans should win this. The lack of a good Texans QB and the fact that ALL of our starters have NOT been on the field at the same time thru the preseason could mean some timing issues as well. I can also see our pass rush causing issues with forcing RG3 out of the pocket, where he can be dangerous.

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">Titans - 20%

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">I think this game will boil down to defense and who can create the turnovers. I have faith that the Titans defense can minimize the threats that the Chiefs offense may present.

Somehow, I think I must have screwed this whole thing up.

Doc 11, and The Mad Dog understood me. Nothing makes sense anymore.  :blink:

People are messing with me ... I think? 

Good 1  :wacko:

Quote:Maybe I'm too optimistic.

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">Colts - 40%

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">The Broncos are good, but so are the Colts. One or two balls bounce to favor the Colts, and it can go either way.

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">Jaguars - 55% 

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">I don't fear the Eagles, and I don't think the Jaguars should either.

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">Texans - 50% 

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">On paper, the Texans should win this. The lack of a good Texans QB and the fact that ALL of our starters have NOT been on the field at the same time thru the preseason could mean some timing issues as well. I can also see our pass rush causing issues with forcing RG3 out of the pocket, where he can be dangerous.

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">Titans - 45%

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">I think this game will boil down to defense and who can create the turnovers. I have faith that the Titans defense can minimize the threats that the Chiefs offense may present.

That's only 190% out of 400%. I wouldn't consider that all that optimistic, it isn't even 50%. :woot:  
Quote:Somehow, I think I must have screwed this whole thing up.

Doc 11, and The Mad Dog understood me. Nothing makes sense anymore.  :blink:

People are messing with me ... I think? 

Good 1  :wacko:
No...I'm just drunk. I corrected my percentages.
Quote:That's only 190% out of 400%. I wouldn't consider that all that optimistic, it isn't even 50%. :woot:  
Ewww. I tried to correct it before you quoted it. Damn! Busted.
Quote:Ewww. I tried to correct it before you quoted it. Damn! Busted.

You had 190%, I am pretty sure I am 210% drunker than you are.

Do you really think I was sober when I came up with this idea? I had to look up how to spell percentage, and it was only then that I learned my alcohol drank only had 80% worth of alcohol.  :blink:

I wont make that mistake again. If it ain't 100%, I wont drink 100% of all of it, I will give the last 20% to you.   Smile  It doesn't contain alcohol, so next week you will be sober when we do this again.  Banana
Quote:You had 190%, I am pretty sure I am 210% drunker than you are.

Do you really think I was sober when I came up with this idea? I had to look up how to spell percentage, and it was only then that I learned my alcohol drank only had 80% worth of alcohol.  :blink:

I wont make that mistake again. If it ain't 100%, I wont drink 100% of all of it, I will give the last 20% to you.   Smile  It doesn't contain alcohol, so next week you will be sober when we do this again.  Banana
My original percentages was each teams chance of winning their individual games. It wasn't until after I posted that I caught my mistake.
Colts - 20%

Jaguars - 25%

Texans - 30%

Titans – 25%

Then again, what the hell do I know? 
Maybe I'm a homer, but...

Colts- 1%

Tacks- 1%

Texans- 1%

Jaguars- 97%
Colts - 50%

Texans - 20%

Jaguars - 20%

Titans - 10%

The Colts are set at QB. Luck has made it the last two years in a row. I don't see that kid slowing down anytime soon. If they can improve on defense, and give him a consistent running game, he'll be fine. Don't forget that this team went into SF and beat the 49ers last year. And I believe they schooled the Seahawks as well at home. This team is a lot more talented than people think they are. And I, for one, am not foolish.

The Texans have a defense. But the running game is not always set in stone. And they have no identity at QB yet, just like the Jaguars. We're both rebuilding. We both have new coaching staffs or a young coaching staff. It could go either way for the both of us.

The Titans are in the same boat. They might surprise here and there. But I just don't feel like they're going to have a good year. I think they'll be one of the worst teams in the NFL this season. Potentially finishing in the cellar. I don't see them winning any divisional games this year. I really dont.

Colts: 11 - 5 (4-2 In House)

Texans: 7 - 9 (4 -2 In House)

Jaguars: 7 - 9 (4 -2 In House)

Titans: 4 - 12 (0-6 In House)

Pages: 1 2 3 4