Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Jags getting lots of love from SI on biggest winners of the preseason
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
They're loving some Bortles.

Me too...he's so dreamy.

It's nice to see us on the positive side of things for once. 

We are FREAKING awesome.

Won't load...some kind of Flash nonsense.  Do they have a version for DOS 2.2?

Quote:It's nice to see us on the positive side of things for once. 
It's also nice to see that starting to become more of a trend than just an occasional thing. 
Quote:It's also nice to see that starting to become more of a trend than just an occasional thing. 
For sure. It sucks being considered the bottom feeders. And for a time we were. I believe that time has run its course and we're going to be on FIRE in times to come. 
The only thing I can say is that the Jag's offensive line will be a whole lot better if they would simply open their eyes. Anyone notice the pic up top, and Josh Wells eyes are completely closed while he's blocking.... :blink:

Quote:We are FREAKING awesome.

I couldn't read that, too small. maybe make the font bigger next time? 
Quote:The only thing I can say is that the Jag's offensive line will be a whole lot better if they would simply open their eyes. Anyone notice the pic up top, and Josh Wells eyes are completely closed while he's blocking.... :blink:
It's the new Braille blocking technique.  All the cool kids are doing it. 
Quote:It's the new Braille blocking technique.  All the cool kids are doing it. 
That explains why they keep calling it the bumpy road to the superbowl.
Quote:That explains why they keep calling it the bumpy road to the superbowl.
Exactly. 
Manziel has become a punch line. So glad we didnt draft him.
Quote:Manziel has become a punch line. So glad we didnt draft him.
are you declaring him a bust?
Quote:are you declaring him a bust?

Do you know what a punchline is?
Quote:Do you know what a punchline is?
I would think not. He is a mindless spazz and little more.
I wanted us to take Manziel and wasn't a happy camper when they took Bortles. In retrospect, I'm mighty damn glad I we didn't. Manziel isn't half the QB Bortles has proven to be.

I never climbed on the Manziel Train. I guess it's because I am not a fan of overexposure and the media hype turned me off to him. And they still do. I love that Bortles is understated. People don't pay attention when they don't know who you are and that's given him an advantage so far. He's getting noticed but people are still sniffing Manziel's butt. Bortles under the radar is good because when he explodes on the scene it'll be shock and awe.
I spoke to someone tonight who has been critical of just about every move this team has made over the past several years. It's become a silent agreement we won't talk about the Jaguars because I find the constant negativity draining.

Tonight he brought up Bortles, and I was shocked to hear him say that he thinks the team got themselves a guy who is going to wind up being a top tier QB.

People are starting to recognize this team is making good moves. This guy gave up his tickets years ago. For the first time since then, he's considering buying tickets again. It's interesting to see people starting to take note of this team, especially when they've been doing anything but that for a while. Good things are coming.
Pages: 1 2