Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Chad Henne..The Greatest
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I'm having a chuckle right now listening to Johnny O on 1010xl talk about how the team feels about Chad Henne. When did Chad Henne become Johnny Unitas?

I understand because he a veteran he's seen more defenses and will be able to get the team out of situations better. However what else are his teammates going

to say "we hate" Chad Henne? These are some of the same teammates that said they like playing for Blaine Gabbert too. I just think the coach speak is a little overdone on the Henne

front. 

There were also reports of players grumbling about Gabbert last year, though never on the record.  You're not hearing that at all about Henne.
Quote:I'm having a chuckle right now listening to Johnny O on 1010xl talk about how the team feels about Chad Henne. When did Chad Henne become Johnny Unitas?

I understand because he a veteran he's seen more defenses and will be able to get the team out of situations better. However what else are his teammates going

to say "we hate" Chad Henne? These are some of the same teammates that said they like playing for Blaine Gabbert too. I just think the coach speak is a little overdone on the Henne

front. 

If you want candor from the players you're not likely to get it as long as they're employed.
Quote:There were also reports of players grumbling about Gabbert last year, though never on the record. You're not hearing that at all about Henne.

I got the feeling, tho I have no proof as I never met Gabby in person, that he's a bit stand offish in terms of his personality. Henne seems the opposite, the consummate professional.
Quote:I got the feeling, tho I have no proof as I never met Gabby in person, that he's a bit stand offish in terms of his personality. Henne seems the opposite, the consummate professional.
There have been reports that have come out since Gabbert was traded away that he was somewhat of a jerk, especially with the media.  In the time he was here, he never really did much of anything to connect to the community. 
Quote:In the time he was here, he never really did much of anything to connect to the community.

I never really thought about that while he was here but did he do any charitable work in Jacksonville? Or anything in the community in general for that matter.
Quote:There were also reports of players grumbling about Gabbert last year, though never on the record.  You're not hearing that at all about Henne.

It funny you mention that Tim I remember Jessic Blaylock on 1010 when Gabbert got here said he was a jerk the first interview

Quote:There have been reports that have come out since Gabbert was traded away that he was somewhat of a jerk, especially with the media.  In the time he was here, he never really did much of anything to connect to the community. 

I remember after we took Blake in the draft.  He was walking outside of Radio City and he stopped to high five some people from the Bold City Brigade and take pictures.  I thought to myself, man he's been on our team 5 minutes and he's already interacted more with the fans than Blaine ever did lol.
Quote:I remember after we took Blake in the draft.  He was walking outside of Radio City and he stopped to high five some people from the Bold City Brigade and take pictures.  I thought to myself, man he's been on our team 5 minutes and he's already interacted more with the fans than Blaine ever did lol.

I think he gets it. 
Quote:I never really thought about that while he was here but did he do any charitable work in Jacksonville? Or anything in the community in general for that matter.
Nothing so visible that it sticks in our minds.  Garrard, Leftwich, and Brunell all did some pretty high profile charity work while they were starting here.  Even Henne and his wife have been active here.  Gabbert never really did much of anything.
Quote:I remember after we took Blake in the draft. He was walking outside of Radio City and he stopped to high five some people from the Bold City Brigade and take pictures. I thought to myself, man he's been on our team 5 minutes and he's already interacted more with the fans than Blaine ever did lol.

Also, wasn't Blake doing a good amount of charity work at the college level too? He seems like a hardworking down to earth guy.
Quote:Also, wasn't Blake doing a good amount of charity work at the college level too? He seems like a hardworking down to earth guy.
Yes, he's always done it.  In fact, he went back to fulfill a commitment he made while at UCF after he was drafted. 
Quote:Yes, he's always done it. In fact, he went back to fulfill a commitment he made while at UCF after he was drafted.

Yep, even in high school. This article made me like the kid even more, if that was possible.

<a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.littleleague.org/Page60174.aspx'>http://www.littleleague.org/Page60174.aspx</a>
Quote:Yes, he's always done it. In fact, he went back to fulfill a commitment he made while at UCF after he was drafted.

Cant wait till he becomes canonized.
Quote:Cant wait till he becomes canonized.
Thud.
Quote:There have been reports that have come out since Gabbert was traded away that he was somewhat of a jerk, especially with the media.  In the time he was here, he never really did much of anything to connect to the community. 

I thought he was a little jerky with some of the media during interviews during his last season here but he was under so much scrutiny that I didn't give it much thought.
Quote:I thought he was a little jerky with some of the media during interviews during his last season here but he was under so much scrutiny that I didn't give it much thought.
It's possible that's what impacted his relationship with the media almost from the beginning.  Still, the guy never did anything to endear himself to the fans, and as a starting QB, you have to win the fans. 
Quote:There were also reports of players grumbling about Gabbert last year, though never on the record.  You're not hearing that at all about Henne.
This. I recall PFT's calling him "Blame Gabbert" because of his supposed tendency to go around the film room blaming everyone but himself for his screw-ups.
Henne's got the footwork to be a good QB in the league.  Blake's not there yet.

Don't let Henne's 55 TDs vs 62 INTs fool you, he can read the defense.  Blake's not there yet. 

Sure Henne has a 75.3 career QBR.

If anyone is curious .... Leftwich had 58 tds vs 41 Ints and a 78.9 QBR

.... we have no chance to win with Henne and the team is willing to accept that.   Look for Blake to start game 3 vs Indy.   We'll most likely be 0-2 and Indy will come in at 1-1 or 0-2 (vs broncos and eagles)

Quote:Cant wait till he becomes canonized.
Correction - Can't wait till he be comes Cantonized.   :yes:
Pages: 1 2