Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: So, any trades possible over the next 24-48 hours?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
With Doss injuring (re-injuring?) that ankle that pretty much nixes the idea of dealing away Sanders - it probably wouldn't have happened anyway...

But is there any other deals anyone thinks Caldwell might make over the next day or so? 

Isn't this around the same window where Gene traded Mike Thomas in exchange for a 5th rounder to Detroit?

The Mike Thomas trade happened in late October, 2012,  after Nate Burleson suffered a season ending injury on a MNF game in Chicago.  

Quote:The Mike Thomas trade happened in late October, 2012,  after Nate Burleson suffered a season ending injury on a MNF game in Chicago.  

Really? That was a deadline deal??
Pretty sure this is when Nelson was traded for Jones too. Only thing I could see would be trade for a G or C that we feel really good about and don't want to risk losing in tje waiver process.
TMD,   it was at or very close to the deadline.   In addition to the situation with Burleson,  the Lions were also concerned about Titus Young's erratic behavior.   While Thomas didn't pan out,  Young's behavior and actions in a November game led to him being suspended for the season.   

Quote:TMD,   it was at or very close to the deadline.   In addition to the situation with Burleson,  the Lions were also concerned about Titus Young's erratic behavior.   While Thomas didn't pan out,  Young's behavior and actions in a November game led to him being suspended for the season.   

Thanks D6, for some reason I was remembering it as a final cuts type of deal. Maybe there won't be many leaguewide deals now. I guess the ones that were going to happen (Mankins) happened already. 
Quote:With Doss injuring (re-injuring?) that ankle that pretty much nixes the idea of dealing away Sanders - it probably wouldn't have happened anyway...

But is there any other deals anyone thinks Caldwell might make over the next day or so? 

Isn't this around the same window where Gene traded Mike Thomas in exchange for a 5th rounder to Detroit?
I doubt there was ever an idea of dealing away Sanders.

I also doubt you're going to see this team trading anything at this point. 

Do I think the team will be active in hitting the waiver wire?  We brought in 12 guys after cuts last year.  I could see us bringing in 4 or 5 this time around. 
Wasn't Lowery a pre season trade too?
Quote:Wasn't Lowery a pre season trade too?

They traded for Lowery on cut down day, yes. They also traded Nelson on cut down day.
Just making sure I wasn't imagining things.....9hr car ride and no sleep. I think I can see sounds and hear colors.

But on the real, I do believe a trade COULD happen, its just not likely. Then again, who do we have worth dangling? Other than a pick?
Dol we have to just talk about trading players? At this point I would just worry about the cutdown day pickups.

Quote:Dol we have to just talk about trading players? At this point I would just worry about the cutdown day pickups.
I don't know.  Dol we?
We dol. We most definitely dol.
Just Dol It

Dol or dol not....there is no try.
I doln't know about this
What's love got to dol with it?
Quote:I don't know. Dol we?
lolz
yall remember that Beatles song. Love me Dol.

Quote:yall remember that Beatles song. Love me Dol.
The Stones are more applicable here...You cant always get what you want...but if you try sometime...
Pages: 1 2