Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Still to be decided...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I honestly don't think there is anything new to say on the Bortles/Henne battle - the coaching staff have made it very clear who starts on day one.

But how have the preseason games affected some of the other battles ?

Lets just pick 3...

Who is number 2 running back ?  Has Todman done enough to keep it ? Or has Robinson won it off him ? 

Does Storm Johnson make the roster after his limited opportunities in preseason ?  (I think probably not)

Have Robinson and Sanders (after his ban) got jobs returning the ball ? Where does Doss figure ?

Quote:I honestly don't think there is anything new to say on the Bortles/Henne battle - the coaching staff have made it very clear who starts on day one.

Lets just pick 3...

Who is number 2 running back ?  Has Todman done enough to keep it ? Or has Robinson won it off him ? 

Does Storm Johnson make the roster after his limited opportunities in preseason ?  (I think probably not)

Have Robinson and Sanders (after his ban) got jobs returning the ball ? Where does Doss figure ?

Regarding the RB? Does it really matter? None of them are getting holes. The blocking is horrid. 

Doss will (or should) return punts for the first 4 weeks, and pending on how productive he is there will go a long way to what happens for week 5. 

As far as Storm....with Cobb gone, I think he's safe. They have to keep some RB. 

I think Todman will be the #2 back in the sense that if Gerhart is hurt he will take those carries but it won't surprise me if when everyone is healthy that D Robinson gets more carries.

I think Storm goes to the practice squad or will be a game day inactive.

I think Doss could be in IR candidate and we get by with Mike Brown at PR until Sanders returns.

Dekoda Watson is an interesting guy because he's clearly behind LaRoy Reynolds at this point but has shown a few flashes and had a few sacks over the last two games.

I also think Ryan Davis has to be dangerously close to overtaking Branch as the second LEO.
Quote:I think Todman will be the #2 back in the sense that if Gerhart is hurt he will take those carries but it won't surprise me if when everyone is healthy that D Robinson gets more carries.

I think Storm goes to the practice squad or will be a game day inactive.

I think Doss could be in IR candidate and we get by with Mike Brown at PR until Sanders returns.

Dekoda Watson is an interesting guy because he's clearly behind LaRoy Reynolds at this point but has shown a few flashes and had a few sacks over the last two games.

I also think Ryan Davis has to be dangerously close to overtaking Branch as the second LEO.

IR candidate? Did he re-injure himself tonight?
Quote:IR candidate? Did he re-injure himself tonight?
Yes
I think Todman and Robinson will split the #2 RB role.

Quote:I think Todman and Robinson will split the #2 RB role.
Yeah, I agree.  I think the #2 RB position will be a platooned spot with both of them splitting duties.  On the official depth chart, Toddman is probably going to be listed as #2, but in reality, it's 2A and 2B. 

It does seem like Doss suffering a high ankle sprain gives them an option to put him on the IR designated to return, which gives Sanders a shot at retaining his position once he serves his suspension. 

The team will more than likely be scouring the wire for potential OL and TE help. 

Doss going to IR would be a blessing in disguise. He isn't fully developed and right now we got a surplus on decent WR's.

Lee, Robinson, Shorts, Hurns, Brown, Sanders, and Doss all deserve a roster spot. Interestingly enough, We will have some free spots open after this year.

Shorts - Gone either by trade or Free agency

Brown and sanders - Either they develop this year or be on the bubble if we acquire another rookie WR or FA in 2015.

And maybe the football gods bless us with a blackmon sighting for 2015. Further making Brown/Sanders expendable.

Quote:I honestly don't think there is anything new to say on the Bortles/Henne battle - the coaching staff have made it very clear who starts on day one.

Lets just pick 3...

1. Robinson has outplayed Todman this preseason, and it should be him as the #2.

2. Yes, I think the team likes him to much to risk putting him on the PS.

3. Sanders, easily. Robinson, possibility. Doss to the IR.

Why put Doss on IR instead of the practice squad? A player on IR can't practice. If he DTR, no players who are injured for a long period of time can get the designation. Put him on the PS unless he is hurt so bad there is zero chance of playing this season.

Quote:Why put Doss on IR instead of the practice squad? A player on IR can't practice. If he DTR, no players who are injured for a long period of time can get the designation. Put him on the PS unless he is hurt so bad there is zero chance of playing this season.
A player injured can't practice either, and Doss isn't eligible for the practice squad. 
Quote:I think Todman will be the #2 back in the sense that if Gerhart is hurt he will take those carries but it won't surprise me if when everyone is healthy that D Robinson gets more carries.I agree 100%

I think Storm goes to the practice squad or will be a game day inactive.I really think Storm is on the bubble.If someone is released better than him I think he is gone.

I think Doss could be in IR candidate and we get by with Mike Brown at PR until Sanders returns.I think Doss is gone

Dekoda Watson is an interesting guy because he's clearly behind LaRoy Reynolds at this point but has shown a few flashes and had a few sacks over the last two games.VERY interesting battle here. I really don't know who should start.Laroy better versus the run. Dekota better pass rusher

I also think Ryan Davis has to be dangerously close to overtaking Branch as the second LEO.Bingo! I think he has done this. This is why we have seen so much of Branch in the pre-season
Thanks for letting me tag along Senor!