Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Which Jaguar has played the best in Preseason?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Which Jaguar do you feel has performed the best at their position related to other players playing that position in the NFL?  Please take into consideration of the player being on the 1st squad and not having as much playing time in regards to stats, or for that matter playing against the harder defense / offense.  Please consider that some players moved up depth charts while others were moved down based on their play in practice as well as preseason.  Please list any players not mentioned that you feel deserve it more than the ones listed and state why.

When I look back at the preseason the lime light has been on Blake Bortles the number 3 overall pick as it should and he performed above most expectations with both the 1st and 2nd squads during preseason.  The one player I felt played the best in preseason is that of WR Hurns.  To go from the bottom of the WR depth chart to leading the team in receptions and yards playing on both 2nd and 1st squads during the preaseason has been very impressive.

I feel on Defense Winston Guy moving up to be the starting Free Safety, and that pick he returned for a touchdown was fantastic!

What do you think?

Bortles

Marks

Hurns

Bortles

Alualu

Hurns
Bortles 

Miller

Hurns

I am not sure why I even have the QB question in there, it should be obiviously Blake Bortles.  I guess I wanted to see if a few fans really felt Chad Henne had beat his performance due to the talent he went against, but I think Blake proved playing against the Lions 1st string Defense that it isnt soley going against the teams 2nds.

http://www.fakepigskin.com/2014/08/28/fa...ent-896846

A link above provided by PrimeTime shows Hurns ...

Bortles, Hurns, Stupar

Quote:Bortles

Marks

Hurns
I second that. 

Alualu

Hurns
This is what i'm thinking.  You may as well remove the first and third questions.  Anyone voting other than Bortles and Hurns is just trying to be cute.
I was looking for a blank #2....

:confused:

Bortles

Gratz

Hurns
Bortles/Marks/Hurns

Any other answer is wrong

Quote:Bortles/Marks/Hurns

Any other answer is wrong
Whelp, we know what you think.
I don't think that QB or WR is even close. I can see arguments for a few different defenders, but Bortles and Hurns have played in a league of their own compared to their 'competition'.

Miller

Hurns
this
Bortles is Boss..

Gratz

Hurns

^This

Bortles and Hurns are givens. If you asked the question regardless of position, either would be reasonable.

He wasn't on the poll but I gotta commend LEO Ryan Davis. He had another two sacks today and he has been downright lethal in the nickel Lightning package
Blake Bortles and Allen Hurns.

Honorable mention to Ryan Davis
Bortles

Marks

Hurns

I think Telvin Smith should be an option though.

Alualu

Hurns
You got it. Maybe Alualu has a 10 sack year, & Hurns goes for 1000 yards and Bortles takes over the starting job before its to late.
Pages: 1 2