Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Who starts tomorrow?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Will they even play Henne? Which starters will only get one or two possessions? Who is on the bubble and will get extended playing time?

I see Hurns not playing much at all. Bowanko starts and plays into the 2nd. Henne plays one possession. Shorts is held out. Sanders plays the first half. Clemons, Bryant, Poz, Marks, may sit.
I read somewhere that Henne will start and play maybe the first quarter.  

I think Henne plays a posession, maybe even two, and I think he better play well. They can say he's their guy to the media all they want, but all it will take is one bad game. 

Yeah, all indications are that Henne will start and play briefly.   

Isn't it rare for the starter to play the 4th season game? Perhaps this is when Henne is 'hurt' and Bortles takes the torch
Quote:Isn't it rare for the starter to play the 4th season game? Perhaps this is when Henne is 'hurt' and Bortles takes the torch

I hope not, I hate to see any player hurt.  That being said, crazier things have happened to Jaguars QBs between the 3rd preseason game and opening day.
Quote:I hope not, I hate to see any player hurt. That being said, crazier things have happened to Jaguars QBs between the 3rd preseason game and opening day.
He's going to be "hurt" not hurt.
Henne starts.... Bortles come in for 20 minutes.... Stanzi finishes....

The breakdown "twenty twen twen"
hopefully henne plays the first quarter I don't get off till 6 and it takes me 45mins to get home. Don't wanna miss the last little of Bortles I'll see for a while.

Quote:Isn't it rare for the starter to play the 4th season game? Perhaps this is when Henne is 'hurt' and Bortles takes the torch
It's common for the starter to play a series or two.
I hope we only see Henne for a possession or two. Blake then plays until Halftime then let Stanzi and Morris lose it to the end.

Game 4 is really more for the players lower on the depth chart. Most starters will probably play no more than a series. Bortles may not even play much beyond the start of the second quarter. Expect to see a lot of Morris and the Stanzinator.
Quote:Game 4 is really more for the players lower on the depth chart. Most starters will probably play no more than a series. Bortles may not even play much beyond the start of the second quarter. Expect to see a lot of Morris and the Stanzinator.
Agreed.  They don't want to risk injury to the top of the roster, so they'll be out of there pretty quickly, and the rest of the game will be the typical preseason slop fest you'd expect from a 4th preseason game.  Toss in the flurry of flags being thrown during these games, and this one could go 6 hours. 
Personally, I would like to see Bortles start and play the whole first half. 

This could be his last game action for a little bit.