Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Gabe Ikard waived/injured
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just read that the Titans waived/injured him after suffering an ACL injury. Should the Jags pull a "Don Carey" and poach him from the Titans? I recall some of y'all being high on him as a developmental center before the draft. Should we IR him, give him a year in an NFL offseason program while rehabbing, and let him compete for the job next year?

Also to add it looks like another center some were high on Tyler Larsen was cut by the dolphins as well.
I wouldn't bother with the injured guy....

but Larsen?....yeah, I'd kick the tires. 

Read Larsen's scouting report.  He's another Brewster.  

I mean we got Bowanko to be that young Center, but I don't see why adding another young center would hurt.

In fact, I think we will sign some Center before the final 53 is named.

Definite no to Ikard and if Larsen couldn't crap the top 75 of the Dolphins that would concern me but I wouldn't be opposed to kicking the tires.

Quote:Definite no to Ikard and if Larsen couldn't crap the top 75 of the Dolphins that would concern me but I wouldn't be opposed to kicking the tires.
LOL
Quote:LOL

Ha! Not even editing that one. :thumbsup:
Larsen was terrible in Dolphin's camp.  No thanks.  All the GMs that passed on him for 7 rounds got it right.