Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Vote today!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
If you shirk this civic duty, you are just a cynic who has no right to gripe.
And do some research people before you head to the polls.
Vote early and vote often!

Grandma voted Republican until she died, since then she's been a staunch Democrat!

15% turnout in the primaries is pathetic.
Hahah Smile

Quote:15% turnout in the primaries is pathetic.

really is, hopefully more people are voting at the end of the day
Quote:Vote early and vote often!

Grandma voted Republican until she died, since then she's been a staunch Democrat!

+1 for you!! That's pretty funny!!
Just got home from work and made a stop to vote.  :thumbsup:

Libraries apparently are a scourge to society and freedom.
Apparently voters are intimidated by these things called "books".

They asked for my ID yesterday, what up with that!? That's racist!

Quote:Apparently voters are intimidated by these things called "books".

They asked for my ID yesterday, what up with that!? That's racist!
They not only asked for mine they scanned the magstripe and made me sign and then compared the signatures.

I was not offended in any manner by the request.

Quote:If you shirk this civic duty, you are just a cynic who has no right to gripe.

It's only a primary.
That's exactly the point. They decide who gets to be on the ballot that counts.
Meh. Whichever candidate promises me the most free stuff gets my vote.
Well.. roughly 20k votes were cast to decide whether funding libraries should be on the ballot that counts. Out of roughly 450k registered voters. By a slim margin, it is not being placed on the ballot that counts. 16% of the registered voters effectively decided what roughly 50% of the registered voters get to vote on.
Quote:Well.. roughly 20k votes were cast to decide whether funding libraries should be on the ballot that counts. Out of roughly 450k registered voters. By a slim margin, it is not being placed on the ballot that counts. 16% of the registered voters effectively decided what roughly 50% of the registered voters get to vote on.

The other 34% that didn't get out to vote yesterday don't get to complain about it either.
Quote:The other 34% that didn't get out to vote yesterday don't get to complain about it either.
Agreed.  I got to my precinct, and they were shocked to see someone walking in to vote.  Sad.