Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: NFL Poll: How many games will Blake Bortles start this year?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I know Gus/Caldwell said the whole red shirt year thing but it's obvious Borltes is miles above where anyone thought he would be.  When does he get the nof?

How many games will Blake Bortles start this year?
  • 8<span style="font-size:16px;font-family:NFLEndzoneSansCondLight;">%      </span>Zero

• 7<span style="font-size:16px;font-family:NFLEndzoneSansCondLight;">%       </span>1-2

• 28<span style="font-size:16px;font-family:NFLEndzoneSansCondLight;">%     </span>3-6

• 57<span style="font-size:16px;font-family:NFLEndzoneSansCondLight;">%       </span>7+

<p style="font-size:12px;color:rgb(0,0,0);font-family:arial, sans-serif;">Total Votes: 41372

<p style="font-size:12px;color:rgb(0,0,0);font-family:arial, sans-serif;"> 

<p style="color:rgb(0,0,0);font-family:arial, sans-serif;">Here are the stats from the nfl.com poll for reference. I think most of our opinions would agree with this. Wishful thinking, but I vote 7+ games and at the least 3-6 games. IT's been said before, but the pressure will build to start Bortles if Henne continues with poor production or if the OL starts to gel

IMO Blake will be starting by week 5 at the latest. 

Personally I'm circling the Colts game as my prediction for his first start. Its a good environment for his debut. 

Quote:IMO Blake will be starting by week 5 at the latest. 

Personally I'm circling the Colts game as my prediction for his first start. Its a good environment for his debut. 

It seems like if they were going to start him that early, they might as well star him week 1.  WHen is the 2nd Colts game?
Not trying to troll. You spelled "Borltes" wrong in the thread name. Just a heads up!

Quote:It seems like if they were going to start him that early, they might as well star him week 1. WHen is the 2nd Colts game?
November I think.
Quote:It seems like if they were going to start him that early, they might as well star him week 1.  WHen is the 2nd Colts game?

No, the home game is the better environment for this if you want to try and get him off to a quick start and build some confidence. 

It also allows the OL 2 games to try and stabilize. 
Quote:No, the home game is the better environment for this if you want to try and get him off to a quick start and build some confidence. 

It just seems like 4 games isn't enough to make a difference.  If you're going to do game 5, you might as well play game 1.

I didn't vote, but I bet he starts 5 games.  Barring injury obviously.
Quote:It seems like if they were going to start him that early, they might as well star him week 1.  WHen is the 2nd Colts game?

Not necessarily. Starting him that early would mean Chad Henne gets hurt in San Diego.

The second Colts game is November 23. We definitely don't want that to be his first game - better to let the rookie debut at home against a bad team to build up his confidence.

I voted zero because any other prediction is saying Henne will be injured at least once and he managed to stay healthy last year.
Quote:Not necessarily. Starting him that early would mean Chad Henne gets hurt in San Diego.

The second Colts game is November 23. We definitely don't want that to be his first game - better to let the rookie debut at home against a bad team to build up his confidence.

I voted zero because any other prediction is saying Henne will be injured at least once and he managed to stay healthy last year.

Bortles will be starting by some point this season, even without any Henne injury. 
Quote:No, the home game is the better environment for this if you want to try and get him off to a quick start and build some confidence.

Personally,, I wouldn't want the rookie's very first game to be of that importance (early, against the division rival that's expected to win the division). I'd rather him get a game in before that, or wait until afterwards.

Now, during that game, if Henne is being completely awful, and the Colts are pulling away, I'd be fine with them switching to Bortles after halftime to see if he'll give a big spark.

That's just me though.
I agree with 7 but I don't know if it is for the best. Winning cures all anyway, even regrets about giving him more time.
If they aren't starting him Week 1, I don't see how he gets 7+ games.  They aren't going to start him any time soon after that unless Henne gets hurt.

Quote:How many games will Blake Bortles start this year?
  • <div style="margin:0px;">8<span style="font-family:NFLEndzoneSansCondLight;font-size:16px;">%      </span>Zero

• 7<span style="font-family:NFLEndzoneSansCondLight;font-size:16px;">%       </span>1-2

• 28<span style="font-family:NFLEndzoneSansCondLight;font-size:16px;">%     </span>3-6

• 57<span style="font-family:NFLEndzoneSansCondLight;font-size:16px;">%       </span>7+

<p style="color:rgb(0,0,0);font-family:arial, sans-serif;font-size:12px;">Total Votes: 41372

<p style="color:rgb(0,0,0);font-family:arial, sans-serif;font-size:12px;"> 

<p style="color:rgb(0,0,0);font-family:arial, sans-serif;">Here are the stats from the nfl.com poll for reference. I think most of our opinions would agree with this. Wishful thinking, but I vote 7+ games and at the least 3-6 games. IT's been said before, but the pressure will build to start Bortles if Henne continues with poor production or if the OL starts to gel

</div>

One might also ask if Henne starts how many wins will he have by mid season?  I doubt most would suggest more than 4, so if he goes 4-4 at week 8 would that be enough pressure to insert Blake Bortles to allow 7+ games?

I think Blake Bortles will start somewhere between week 3 and 6.
Quote:Not necessarily. Starting him that early would mean Chad Henne gets hurt in San Diego.

Bortles starting more than likely has nothing to do with the health of Henne. 
I think we'll make the switch at the bye. So six games. Henne may get injured though if the OL keeps whiffing
Week 3 Home opener.
I think the floor is 3-6 games. Henne, as we expect, will Henne it up, and it will most likely force the coaches' hands. Get Bortles in and let's get the growing pains in, instead of the Henne pains, which are chronic.
Quote:Week 3 Home opener.
Yep, I'm thinking Eagles Offense might hurt us, but then again our starting Defense looked much improved from last year.  Either way I expect Chad Henne would have to throw for at least two touchdowns in order to win that game, and can he is the question.  I expect a possible loss on the road.
Quote:Not trying to troll. You spelled "Borltes" wrong in the thread name. Just a heads up!

Oh?
Pages: 1 2