Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Has anyone taken Tamiflu?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
And does it work. I came down with the flu last night, and wanted to know others experiences.
Suck it up.

I have never been sick so I can't help.
Quote:I have never been sick so I can't help.

You're sick.
Quote:You're sick.

Sick to the bone baby
Yes, it helps. Drink lots of vitamin water type drinks and alternate Tylenol and Advil every 4 hours.

I am not a doctor but I play one on the message board.
Quote:Yes, it helps. Drink lots of vitamin water type drinks and alternate Tylenol and Advil every 4 hours.

Why alternate the Advil and Tylenol?
I had the flu last year and Tamiflu certainly helped. Stuffs pretty expensive though.

Quote:Why alternate the Advil and Tylenol?

They relieve similar symptoms but too much of either ibuprofen or acetominaphine in a 24 hour period can cause side effects like a GI bleed.
Quote:Why alternate the Advil and Tylenol?

You should never get more than 3200 mg of either in a 24 hour period. If you alternate you can stay under both caps.
Quote:They relieve similar symptoms but too much of either ibuprofen or acetominaphine in a 24 hour period can cause side effects like a GI bleed.

Quote:You should never get more than 3200 mg of either in a 24 hour period. If you alternate you can stay under both caps.

Makes sense...thanks.
Whiskey and a pack of smokes chase it with NyQuil and call it a night
Quote:Whiskey and a pack of smokes chase it with NyQuil and call it a night

I'll skip the smokes...lol
Quote:Yes, it helps. Drink lots of vitamin water type drinks and alternate Tylenol and Advil every 4 hours.

Thanks Doc.
I got it pretty bad myself.. Feel like trāsh and I have to make a Bama run in a couple hours.

Fun fun..
It works, but is one of the nastiest tasting medicines you will ever ingest.
Quote:It works, but is one of the nastiest tasting medicines you will ever ingest.

It's not a suppository!?!?
Don't think that's gonna work on V.D. :woot:

Tongue

Valentines Day?

Quote:Valentines Day?
Most guys WANT to be sick on that day.

Saves hundreds of bucks. Banana
Pages: 1 2