Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Rewatching Jags@Lions. Bortles= You can't coach that. What week does he start?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
There are certain aspects of Bortles game that you simply can't coach.  From the Laser throws (cannon arm) to the standing in the pocket tall against the rush(anti gabbert.)  He also is very Tall and less likely to get balls batted down (anti-henne)  Watching Henne and watching Bortles is like night and day.  Bortles is also accuarte on the run and thats a trait few Qb's posses. 

Throwing the ball before the receiver makes his break is a thing of beauty and we haven't seen in a Jags uniform since Brunell.

I can understand Dave and Gus not wanting to throw Bortles in there with the oline problems but Bortles is simply the better QB.  I am saying Bortles will be in there in week 5.

I do believe Bortles is miles ahead of what Dave/Gus thought he would be so maybe that's why the whole red shirt for the year talk. Eventually better talent wins out. 

While I agree with the aforementioned post I think their is already like 10 threads with this exact sentiment/debate.

Quote:There are certain aspects of Bortles game that you simply can't coach.  From the Laser throws (cannon arm) to the standing in the pocket tall against the rush(anti gabbert.)  He also is very Tall and less likely to get balls batted down (anti-henne)  Watching Henne and watching Bortles is like night and day.  Bortles is also accuarte on the run and thats a trait few Qb's posses. 

Throwing the ball before the receiver makes his break is a thing of beauty and we haven't seen in a Jags uniform since Brunell.

I can understand Dave and Gus not wanting to throw Bortles in there with the oline problems but Bortles is simply the better QB.  I am saying Bortles will be in there in week 5.

I do believe Bortles is miles ahead of what Dave/Gus thought he would be so maybe that's why the whole red shirt for the year talk. Eventually better talent wins out. 

Bite your lip. Everybody here knows Henne should be the starter and gives us the best chance to win. Haven't you heard?
Henne is bad k? But he aint Gabbert. I'm glad he's here for that alone. He's holding the torch til our OL realizes they need to block
I hope he starts by week 6 for the tacks game. Was on their board today and we got ranked ahead of them in power rankings and they seem to think there is no way we're better than them. We beat them with Bortles not so sure with Henne. Also we cover all but one division game after week 6 with Bortles.

Quote:Henne is bad k? But he aint Gabbert. I'm glad he's here for that alone. He's holding the torch til our OL realizes they need to block

I hope the O'line doesn't read that... They may step aside and let the pass rush mangle Henne just to get Bortles in the game.