Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: NFL Preseason Stats - Congrats To 3 Jaguars!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Here's a bit of sunshine for the Jaguar fan. NFL.com has some basic stats for preseason, which includes all games to this point. It is finally nice to see some Jaguars in the top 5 in the league in these stats. There are 3 Jaguars in the top 5, and one is #1.

Blake Bortles, in limited action, holds the number 3 slot in the league for QBs, and from the looks of this, it is being determined by yardage. Congrats to you Blake! :thumbsup:

Allen Hurns leads ALL NFL receivers in yardage to this point in the 2014 preseason. Huge kudos and congrats to you Allen! :thumbsup:

Finally, the much maligned Tyson Alualu holds (is tied for) the number 4 spot in sacks with 2.0, all while playing a backup/reserve role. Congrats Tyson! :thumbsup:

http://www.nfl.com/stats/player

It's nice to see these guys showing up on the stat sheets. It makes the future for the Jags look just a little bit brighter!

But Joe said Alualu sucked....

Quote:But Joe said Alualu sucked....
Who said?

Never mind.

Alualu > Joe, whoever the hell Joe is.
That's pretty cool. Hope they continue to this in the regular season. Any chance that Hurns starts for us? He certainly is our best target right now. The man really went out and took advantage of the thin wr corp. The fact that he has been consistent with the first team earns him my not so important vote
Not to be a downer but I think it would be fair to point out at the time of OP only 12 teams including the Jags  had 3 games to draw stats from.

Quote:Who said?

Never mind.

Alualu > Joe, whoever the hell Joe is.

It was in preseason game 2 thread...was being Debbie downer after alualu 1st sack.
Quote:Not to be a downer but I think it would be fair to point out at the time of OP only 12 teams including the Jags  had 3 games to draw stats from.
You are correct about that. I concede that.

However, almost all preseason week 3 games are just about over tonight, and those stats have not changed. There are 2 more games. One tomorrow, and one Monday. So, yes, things can change a bit, but not a whole lot.

The point you have missed is that these players are even on these stat-lines. For many many years, that has not been the case for this team and this town.

That's great to have our passing game, albeit backup, on this list is awesome we would have been at the bottom last year.