Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: 4 Starters Hurt....updates
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Scoobee, Poz, Marks, Guy.....all injured. I know Marks is getting MRI and doesn't seem serious. But what about the rest?
Usually you don't get "MRI's" when its not serious....

but I hope you are right

Guy went back in the game. Poz's issue was a contusion, not serious. Scobee is a kicker, he probably stubbed his toe or something. The worst injury looked like Marks.
No updates yet.  Poz strained a bicep. (not the one previously injured)

Scobee's was a quadricep strain.

Guy returned to the game and likely is fine.

I saw on some twitter feed Marks said it was no biggie....I was more anxious about Poz (I guess seeing Raji done for the year on a bicep injury made me nervous) and Scoobee
Quote:No updates yet.  Poz strained a bicep. (not the one previously injured)

Scobee's was a quadricep strain.

Guy returned to the game and likely is fine.
I heard he had a laceration not a strain.
And henne...?
Quote:And henne...?
crying himself to sleep...
Quote:And henne...?
He is a tough [BAD WORD REMOVED] i'll give him that. He took a tough shot from Suh.

i heard the team left them in a detriot morgue. rip in peace

Did Josh Scobee injury his quad on the opening kickoff or did it occur on his FG attempt?

As someone who suffered a major quad injury last year,  I hope the news on Scobee is it's a relatively mild injury that will just involve short term rehab.    Yet,  if it's to the degree of the quad injury that Reds 1st Baseman Joey Votto has been dealing with for months,   this would be very problematic for an NFL Kicker. 

What was the diagnosis on Marks? The word "MRI (or acronym)" is scary. Marks would be a big blow if he missed time.
Quote:Did Josh Scobee injury his quad on the opening kickoff or did it occur on his FG attempt?

As someone who suffered a major quad injury last year,  I hope the news on Scobee is it's a relatively mild injury that will just involve short term rehab.    Yet,  if it's to the degree of the quad injury that Reds 1st Baseman Joey Votto has been dealing with for months,   this would be very problematic for an NFL Kicker. 
I think it was after he kicked that first field goal.. he looked a little slow coming off and had teammates coming up to him. Had he stayed in the game we may have won.. of course Anger's grip on the ball did us no favors on that blocked field goal.
Quote:I think it was after he kicked that first field goal.. he looked a little slow coming off and had teammates coming up to him. Had he stayed in the game we may have won.. of course Anger's grip on the ball did us no favors on that blocked field goal.

Thanks, ObjectiveJag.

My guess is even if a healthy Josh Scobee was kicking what turned out by be the blocked FG by DT Xavier Proctor,  who has plenty of height and wingspan,   the kick would have still been blocked.   When the snap and/  or hold is off,   the chances of a block are increased substantially.
Am I the only one who saw the injury to Poz' right arm? It looked like road rash or something, just below the shoulder.

Didn't look like much to worry about at all if that's what the injury was.

Quote:Am I the only one who saw the injury to Poz' right arm? It looked like road rash or something, just below the shoulder.

Didn't look like much to worry about at all if that's what the injury was.
from what I understand it was a minor laceration and they pulled him.
Quote:Thanks, ObjectiveJag.

My guess is even if a healthy Josh Scobee was kicking what turned out by be the blocked FG by DT Xavier Proctor,  who has plenty of height and wingspan,   the kick would have still been blocked.   When the snap and/  or hold is off,   the chances of a block are increased substantially.
That's a valid point D6. Gotta say your defense looked pretty good and the Bush/Bell combo looks like it might be very good this season. Also, really liked Tate.
Quote:from what I understand it was a minor laceration and they pulled him.
That's what I saw. It was pretty minor, as NFL injuries go.
When Poz was on the field, I saw a shot of him and he had a bloody spot on this right bicep, looked like a cut. I chuckled at the time because he didn't seem to notice or care, and it did't look bad.. It was after some play time so I'm thinking they just pulled him and rubbed some dirt on it.

Quote:When Poz was on the field, I saw a shot of him and he had a bloody spot on this right bicep, looked like a cut. I chuckled at the time because he didn't seem to notice or care, and it did't look bad.. It was after some play time so I'm thinking they just pulled him and rubbed some dirt on it.
That's what I saw too.
Pages: 1 2