Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Jaguar Article
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
i hate the coaching staff so much right now. it's so frustrating.

Quote:i hate the coaching staff so much right now. it's so frustrating.

Its okay. You're just being a mouth breather who can't see past "me want Bortles to start now!"

Ridiculous
Quote:i hate the coaching staff so much right now. it's so frustrating.
Seriously hate the coaches? Surely you don't mean that. There are valid arguments for start, sit, and everything in between. I trust that Gus will start Bortles when it is time for him.
I don't see a playoff team out there yet, so it doesn't matter to me if they start Henne or Bortles.  Bortles will be in there by midseason. 

I get what the staff is saying by wanting to go with the veteran but I think Bortles is surprising everyone with his poise and his savy. His command of the offense is unusual for a rookie who hasn't even made it out of his first preseason yet. Henne's not playing as badly as a lot of fans seem to think, but the contrast between the two is pretty apparent.
bradley Being So Definitive Is Extremely Smart. What He Said From The Get Go Was That Henne Would Start Week 1. Also That In An "Ideal World" Bortles Would Sit The Entire Yr Which Would Mean That Henne Was Playing Lights Out But Everyone Knows Including Them The Truth. What They Have Is Leverage. Everyone Knows Bortles Can Handle The Stage And Henne Knows As Well So He Must Be At His Best. If Bradley Kept Talking Like Pettite And Saying manzeil May Have A Package The Madness Would Never Stop. Sends The Message That They Don't Waver easily. That Goes A Long Way With Trust With Not Just Current Players But future Free Agents.
Bortles won't be sitting for long either way. After the inevitable dismal start the bye week sounds like a good time to cut him loose.

All this "who is gonna start" is nothing but coach speak. Its called managing the distractions but we all know who will eventually be the starter. I don't think we really need to hear the coaches say it.
Quote:bradley Being So Definitive Is Extremely Smart. What He Said From The Get Go Was That Henne Would Start Week 1. Also That In An "Ideal World" Bortles Would Sit The Entire Yr Which Would Mean That Henne Was Playing Lights Out But Everyone Knows Including Them The Truth. What They Have Is Leverage. Everyone Knows Bortles Can Handle The Stage And Henne Knows As Well So He Must Be At His Best. If Bradley Kept Talking Like Pettite And Saying manzeil May Have A Package The Madness Would Never Stop. Sends The Message That They Don't Waver easily. That Goes A Long Way With Trust With Not Just Current Players But future Free Agents.

You know you're supposed to capitalize proper nouns and not every word right?
I trust Gus and company to do what they feel is best for the long term success of the team. I don't like the way that the media has to bash Henne when they are praising Bortles. Henne is doing what we expected him to do and has handled the situation like a pro. I always start the season optimistically but this year is a whole new level of optimism.

Quote:You know you're supposed to capitalize proper nouns and not every word right?
Yes But My Phone Is Only Doing It In Comments On Sites. Don't Know Why Cuz It's Normal On Texts. Any Opinion On My Comment Btw?
Quote:I get what the staff is saying by wanting to go with the veteran but I think Bortles is surprising everyone with his poise and his savy. His command of the offense is unusual for a rookie who hasn't even made it out of his first preseason yet. Henne's not playing as badly as a lot of fans seem to think, but the contrast between the two is pretty apparent.

Henne isn't playing as bad as people think? I disagree. The guy is the worst starter in the league. His QB rating is 90 in the preseason, sure. He's struggling to avg 6 YPA. The guy, for whatever reason, just does not look downfield. He looks panicked when he drops back. The complete opposite of Bortles.
Quote:Henne isn't playing as bad as people think? I disagree. The guy is the worst starter in the league. His QB rating is 90 in the preseason, sure. He's struggling to avg 6 YPA. The guy, for whatever reason, just does not look downfield. He looks panicked when he drops back. The complete opposite of Bortles.

And this is exactly what I mean.  In addition to his QB rating, he's completing 66 percent of his passes against number one defenses and doing it under pressure.  Most commentators and the coaches are saying he's looked reasonably well and is making the right decisions.  The contrast with Bortles is obvious because Bortles is playing better and is going to be a better player, but saying Henne is the worst starter in the league is hyperbole (and probably wishful thinking on your part).
What made that article was that jeff Darlington quote!
Quote:Its okay. You're just being a mouth breather who can't see past "me want Bortles to start now!"
i'm really tired of your disrespectful attitude toward people who think it makes no sense to start henne. whatever though, think what you want.

Quote:Seriously hate the coaches? Surely you don't mean that. There are valid arguments for start, sit, and everything in between. I trust that Gus will start Bortles when it is time for him.
when i say hate, i don't mean hate them personally, as i don't know them. what i mean is , i hate this decision with a passion. this is the dumbest choice this staff has made. 
Quote:i'm really tired of your disrespectful attitude toward people who think it makes no sense to start henne. whatever though, think what you want.

when i say hate, i don't mean hate them personally, as i don't know them. what i mean is , i hate this decision with a passion. this is the dumbest choice this staff has made. 
bingo.
Quote: 

[Image: crybaby.jpg]
Quote:[Image: crybaby.jpg]

Oh man, I can't wait for this picture to come back around to you. 
Pages: 1 2