Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: The boot leg is our new go to play?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
For a long time it was MJD up the middle, last year it was the quick WR screen, now the boot leg? At least it's been productive lol. 

Well, it's definitely complimentary of Bortles' play style. Watched him a lot at UCF and the bootleg usually ended up turning in to big yardage. 

Except when Henne does it where the ball and chain around his ankles gets in the way.

Our neq play is to let Bortles drop back and throw darts all over the field.
Quote:Our neq play is to let Bortles drop back and throw darts all over the field.
I like that one. 

Its preseason, they are testing our passing game,  Toby Gerhart  is a horse they will ride

Bortles also throws a nice sideline route.

A lot of other nfl teams are featuring the bootleg this preseason.
Contrary to vocal minority belief, Marcedes is a terrific target for it as well.

Quote:A lot of other nfl teams are featuring the bootleg this preseason.

As they always have, and will.
Less sacks!
Also it simplifies the reads for the QB since he only has to read one half of the field (unless youre Bortles and chuck it away from where youre rolling out to an uncovered back - wow what a throw)
Better than the Henne 1 yard bubble screen.
Quote:Better than the Henne 1 yard bubble screen.

That's a designed play, not a choice. Yawn.
Quote:Its preseason, they are testing our passing game, Toby Gerhart is a horse they will ride

Hopefully, we're gonna ride that train north and south. With our O-line issues and Toby's running style, the stretch play has looked rough this preseason. That dude sure can move a pile, though...
Quote:Well, it's definitely complimentary of Bortles' play style. Watched him a lot at UCF and the bootleg usually ended up turning in to big yardage. 

I agree, play to your QB's strengths.
I can understand why they run the bootleg so much. It would be criminal not to take advantage of Henne's supreme athletic ability. :thumbsup:

Quote:Better than the Henne 1 yard bubble screen.

Or a Henne sack, batted ball or Henne incomplete pass.