Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Bortles Concerns
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
1) The OL is bad

2) He slips

3) He let his rookie show in that 2 min drive when Lions came up the middle and he chucked it up

That is all
If these are our only concerns then he better be on the field week 1.
Even Peyton Manning throws ugly ints.. it's gonna happen, he can't be perfect. 

The slips don't bother me at all. 

I'd rather his feet have some give; a slip is certainly better than an ACL/ tendon tear via longer cleats that have no give. 

Quote:The slips don't bother me at all. 

I'd rather his feet have some give; a slip is certainly better than an ACL tear via longer cleats that have no give. 

Even when he slips he still seems to see the field better than Henne...
One of his best plays came with a slip :d

He didn't slip, his feet were too awesome for the ground. 

Quote:He didn't slip, his feet were too awesome for the ground. 
He was just trying to make it interesting.
Even when Bortles slipped this game I noticed he kept moving forward as the line collapsed and he bulldozed back to regain yardage

Maybe we should all wear slippers to the next game, just fans being fans and bringing good mojo
You forgot footwork
his cleats forget to grab the ground, because it's to busy watching blake play.

Quote:He didn't slip, his feet were too awesome for the ground. 

Blake Bortles doesn't slip, the ground runs away to keep from getting hurt.
He's too graceful to slip... It's actually a technique he uses to through defenders off. legit

Quote:He's too graceful to slip... It's actually a technique he uses to through defenders off. legit

Superman and Tim Tebow wear Blake Bortles pajamas.
Quote:Superman and Tim Tebow wear Blake Bortles pajamas.
Tebow in bed in the fetal position, sucking his thumb, wearing Bortles Pajamas, while espn talks about how well Bortles is playing.
Bortles did have a couple bad throws but he also had a few ropes. He's gonna have his ups and downs but overall, he just keeps looking better and better.

I noticed he made a couple really nice craft cocktails for the guys between plays too.
the play where Bortles threw the ball to the ground out of his own endzone could have easily been a safety. He's certainly got some tape to review and learn from but it's about how he responds to adversity and mistakes that will define him.

After watching Bortles against the one's here I think he'll benefit from some time on the bench. He's certainly a gamer though and I really love his tendency to not go down on the first hit.

Pages: 1 2 3 4