Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Want to make some easy money? Check out these Vegas odds against the Jags
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Quote:The Jacksonville Jaguars have the best odds to have the worst record in the NFL during the 2014 season, that is according to Bovada. That's right, the Jaguars are current at 3/1 to have the worst record in the NFL.

The Jacksonville Jaguars have never finished a season in their history with the worst record in the NFL, but even after the improvements made during the offseason, Bovada is gambling that the betting public won't notice and will believe that the team will finish dead last in 2014.

<a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.bigcatcountry.com/2014/8/21/6054147/nfl-odds-jaguars-worst-record-2014'>http://www.bigcatcountry.com/2014/8/21/6054147/nfl-odds-jaguars-worst-record-2014</a>

Also there are 12/1 odds on Gus being the 1st coach to be fired this year?!

Vegas is usually on point when it comes to predictions but I think they missed the mark on this one.
so for you math wizzes.. if I put down a $100 betting they are wrong what could I make? because both are easy money.

Can someone explain to me how to bet? Betting on the Jags this year will net you some easy money.

I'd take those odds if I knew how to bet without getting ripped off.

Bovada. They don't have the win total lines which is the most tempting. They have Bortles 20/1 to win offensive rookie of the year which i think is a mistake by Vegas. I think +1400 to win the division.
I want to bet. Can someone explain the process to taking these odds online? Never done it before. Need easy money!
Quote:I want to bet. Can someone explain the process to taking these odds online? Never done it before. Need easy money!

You more than likely have to Western Union them the money. My bank won't allow me to straight up deposit anymore. Bovada kind of sucks in a way because the money line is never available and they certainly try to limit your parlay action with unavailable lines for parlays. Anyways, I have never had a problem with payouts, they usually take no more than two weeks. One time over the holidays it took roughly a month. Don't be compulsive...
Sorry im not sure how this is easy money

This is not odds of 3/1 they won't have the worst record ie put 100 on... win 400 if they don't have the worst record

the odds will be miniscule in the reverse

Even if the flip the odds ie 1/3 the jags don't have the worst record which they won't as in a league with 32 teams its far less likely

For 100 you would get 133 back and that's being optimistic
Quote:Sorry im not sure how this is easy money

This is not odds of 3/1 they won't have the worst record ie put 100 on... win 400 if they don't have the worst record

the odds will be miniscule in the reverse

Even if the flip the odds ie 1/3 the jags don't have the worst record which they won't as in a league with 32 teams its far less likely

For 100 you would get 133 back and that's being optimistic

That's how I read it too.

Is it difficult to gamble in the US? There are multiple apps and bookmakers on the high street here, easy as a click of a button to place bets.
Quote:That's how I read it too.

Is it difficult to gamble in the US? There are multiple apps and bookmakers on the high street here, easy as a click of a button to place bets.
Gambling is almost exclusively a destination activity for most Americans. There is online gambling but that is used mainly by hardcore gamblers, or senseless addicts. I'm not a gambler myself, so this is the impression I get. I don't think I've ever had a conversation with someone who gambled online.

I'm sure someone will come along and expand upon it.
WANNA WIN SOME EASY MONEY... BET "AGAINST" THE JAGUARS... THEY STILL HAVE NO O-LINE AND THATS WHERE THE GAME IS WON AND LOST...

Quote:WANNA WIN SOME EASY MONEY... BET "AGAINST" THE JAGUARS... THEY STILL HAVE NO O-LINE AND THATS WHERE THE GAME IS WON AND LOST...

All caps = internet bully
The "worst record" bet is not an easy one to win since over a long season injury could wipe out most teams (The Atlanta Falcons come to mind), but if you feel that strongly that the favorite WILL NOT be in the mix (Jacksonville), it isn't a terrible one.  The payout on the bottom 4 teams are not all worth the juice.  So if you think the jags definitely won't have the worst record you would probably pick the next 2 or 3 teams to hedge your bets.  Once you pool let's say $10 each on Oakland (7/2), Cleveland (7/1) and Vikings (7/1) you have put up $30 to win $45 if Oakland (((10*7)/2)+10)) and $80 if Cleveland or Minnesota.  I look at that and say that Oakland isn't even worth the bet so instead I would add one of the 10/1 or 14/1 teams.  The Bills would pay $150 for example.

Honestly that would be the only way to make a few bucks, unless you just pick and pray one team. 

Some more interesting bets might be the Jags to win 5 games (you have to check if a push is a win or loss), but it pays -115 or in English you will $100 for every $115 you bet.  So staying with the $10 type theory, if you bet $11.50 on the jags to win more than 5 you could end up with $21.50

You will be betting that the Jags will have the worst record. Bet 100 win 300. If the Jags dont have the worst record you lose.

And by win $300 he means win $300 on top of your $100 you get back.  You do not lose your bet, so in all reality since you had to deposit $100 you would then have $400 in your account.

Just looking at the numbers, if you go back to the total wins for each team and add them up you get to 262.5, but in all reality there are no more than 256 wins (could be less with a tie) based on 32 teams * 16 weeks / 1 winner.    So you know for sure that the odds for under bets are currently better.

Quote:All caps = internet bully
Saving the people of Jacksonville from making a losing bet = favor
Quote:<a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.bigcatcountry.com/2014/8/21/6054147/nfl-odds-jaguars-worst-record-2014'>http://www.bigcatcountry.com/2014/8/21/6054147/nfl-odds-jaguars-worst-record-2014</a>

Vegas is usually on point when it comes to predictions but I think they missed the mark on this one.

As I always like to point out the odds Vegas sets are not based on what *they* think will happen, it's what they expect *betters* are thinking will happen.  And Vegas wants more losers than winners. Smile
Quote:<a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.bigcatcountry.com/2014/8/21/6054147/nfl-odds-jaguars-worst-record-2014'>http://www.bigcatcountry.com/2014/8/21/6054147/nfl-odds-jaguars-worst-record-2014</a>

The only "easy money" on a bet like this is to the advantage of the book maker.

The bet is that the Jaguars will have the worst record at the end of the season.  What this means is for every dollar that you bet, you win 3 dollars (plus you get your original dollar back) IF the Jaguars do in fact have the worst record.

The same goes with the second bet.  The bet is that Coach Bradley will be the first coach fired this year.  For every dollar that you bet, you win 12 dollars IF he is in fact the first coach to be fired.

The fact of the matter is, the book maker wins any money placed on either of these bets unless something major or catastrophic happens since both cases are highly unlikely.
Quote:The only "easy money" on a bet like this is to the advantage of the book maker.

The bet is that the Jaguars will have the worst record at the end of the season.  What this means is for every dollar that you bet, you win 3 dollars (plus you get your original dollar back) IF the Jaguars do in fact have the worst record.

The same goes with the second bet.  The bet is that Coach Bradley will be the first coach fired this year.  For every dollar that you bet, you win 12 dollars IF he is in fact the first coach to be fired.

The fact of the matter is, the book maker wins any money placed on either of these bets unless something major or catastrophic happens since both cases are highly unlikely.
So basically they are playing on the stupidity of anyone who isnt a Jag fan?
Well, I almost took this bet.  Its not looking so good right now for the ones that did.  Did anyone on here take this bet?

Pages: 1 2