Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Full back position
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Gone are the days of Greg Jones but I think this is a position we are looking to boost with the recent roster moves. We were very successful with Gerhart running between the tackles with a full back in the game. Without a full back I believe we rushed for negative yardage against Chicago. I attributed this to Fisch's offense where we are using a lot of singleback sets and stretch runs out of it that continuously set us back. Does anyone expect that we will see more FB sets after what has happened in the preseason?

No

Will T is actually pretty good. You kind of have to focus on him to notice. Can block, catch and has decent wheels. On a scale of 1 - 5 he's like a 3.8.

Why not move Toby Gerhart to FB and move up Shoelace or Storm as the HB, and trade toddman for a 7th round pick?

Quote:Will T is actually pretty good. You kind of have to focus on him to notice. Can block, catch and has decent wheels. On a scale of 1 - 5 he's like a 3.8.

Yeah, he is. Didn't get many chances last year because the team was playing behind but on most of the big runs last year, he was getting downfield.
Quote:Why not move Toby Gerhart to FB and move up Shoelace or Storm as the HB, and trade toddman for a 7th round pick?

Because he's not a fullback.
Quote:Why not move Toby Gerhart to FB and move up Shoelace or Storm as the HB, and trade toddman for a 7th round pick?

Because this isn't Madden.
Which comes out in 4 days, excited. 

Pumped for Madden too.

I'm going to try to sell my xbox one madden 25 at gamestop the day before hoping to get at least $15 for it, to put towards the new madden.