Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Appreciation for Marrone
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I appreciate the difference Marrone has brought to the team the past two games. I really wish we would have made the change mid-season to give the both Marrone and the staff more runway to be evaluated in the off season. Whatever change we make, I believe it will be positive, and Marrone will coach again somewhere, if not here. For the first time in years, I am excited about the off season.

Better than Gus, but this club can do better
Thank you for coaching scared and not ruining our draft position.
Quote:Thank you for coaching scared and not ruining our draft position.
I think he at least showed if they play as a team we can be dominant.
Quote:Better than Gus, but this club can do better

Bingo
He can go quit on someone else's team

Quote:He can go quit on someone else's team

Stop.
Marrone sucks. Team looked like crap compared to last week. Last week's win was a anomaly.
Quote:Marrone sucks. Team looked like crap compared to last week. Last week's win was a anomaly.

You should try watching the game sometime.
I don't understand the slow 2nd halves from Marrone but the rest was refreshing to see
The 2nd half of today's game looked exactly like the same garbage we've seen all season long.

He got out coached in the 2nd half, easily. It was pathetic. Yea, he should have got more then just 2 games, but either way he's not close to the answer at HC.

If you look at the atl game tbey scored 35 in the 1st half and 3 in the 2nd and almost lost.

We had a big lead and they played to try and keep it unfortunately didnt work iut. But he is miles ahead of anything gus was doing.

2 missed FGs and 2 fumbles lost.

Marrone didn't lose this game the players did. We had the game won and the defense lost it in final min.

He took over coaching he didnt bring his own staff or his own plabooks. Hes working off the gameplans gus was using.
Not a big Marrone fan but to be fair to the guy it would take any coach far more than to weeks to remove the loser mentality that Gus instilled the last 4 years. They just naturally reverted back to it after a while.
Quote:If you look at the atl game tbey scored 35 in the 1st half and 3 in the 2nd and almost lost.

We had a big lead and they played to try and keep it unfortunately didnt work iut. But he is miles ahead of anything gus was doing.

2 missed FGs and 2 fumbles lost.

Marrone didn't lose this game the players did. We had the game won and the defense lost it in final min.

He took over coaching he didnt bring his own staff or his own plabooks. Hes working off the gameplans gus was using.
No, he had his own game plan, not Gus'. If he was going off the Gus game plan, then that's fault #1.

Atlanta was up 22 at the half. 3 scores is much different than 2 scores.

We have literally nothing to play for, so why hold back? Why don't you go for it on that 4th and 1? Awful game management by the HC.

Why let the defense play some idiot prevent defense at the end of the game? They Let the Colts drive all the way down the field in 1 minute and 20 seconds, with no time outs.... Are you joking me? You're the HC, take accountability.

Marrone was definitely better than Gus as a HC, but lets be real here.. That's literally saying nothing. I feel any of us could have coached this team to 1-2 wins this season honestly.
I just watched Marrone's press conference, and wow.  Dude calls it like it is, and never gives out coach speak.  What a refreshing thing.  I kind of hope he gets an interview, or atleast stays with the team in some capacity.  I truly believe the Jags would have won today, if Cadwell/Khan would have fired Bradley after the Titans game.  Marrone did not have a chance to implement his philosophy, and how he wants the team to be.  He just had to wing it for two weeks.

Gus Bradley would have found a way to lose three out of the last two games
Quote:Not a big Marrone fan but to be fair to the guy it would take any coach far more than to weeks to remove the loser mentality that Gus instilled the last 4 years. They just naturally reverted back to it after a while.

This is true.   If we want to see what a HC can do, he has to start in training camp.   There's not much he can do in a week. 

It seemed like Marrone made some impact with stricter team rules, and got the guys to focus and play hard, but the real impact from a new head coach takes a lot more time than he was given. 
Quote:Not a big Marrone fan but to be fair to the guy it would take any coach far more than to weeks to remove the loser mentality that Gus instilled the last 4 years. They just naturally reverted back to it after a while.

This is my thinking. The previous game and the first half of yesterday's game was clear indication that competent coaching makes a difference. However, it's difficult to overcome the muscle memory of not only the players, but the assistance coaches and coordinators as well. Given a few more games, I think we would have seen a much better team with Marrone at the helm.
Word. It's a shame Marrone didn't get this opportunity sooner rather than later. No telling what could have been. I wish him nothing but the best of luck and fortune no matter where his path will lead him. Same for Hackett and Wash. And the same for the rest of this coaching staff. There's no telling now how much this team and coaching staff was held back thanks to Bradley's "philosophy". 

Thank goodness a career 41-43 head coach has no chance at being our next HC. Goodbye. Never come back.
Pages: 1 2