Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Updated Forbes NFL Franchise Values
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
The Jaguars are up to #29, ahead of the Lions, Bills and Rams.

Forbes places the value at $965 million. Khan bought the team for $760 million.

You do the math.

http://www.forbes.com/pictures/mlm45fgik...e-jaguars/

Quote:The Jaguars are up to #29, ahead of the Lions, Bills and Rams.

You do the math.

965 - 760 = 205

205/760 = .27 = 27% profit.

But the Dow is up 39.5% since Khan bought the team.

Does that exclude the worth of the stadium due to city owning it?

$263 million minus $57 million in operating costs equals $206 million dollars per year ($206,000,000.00) or $3.96 million a week in pure profit... nice paycheck!

Quote:965 - 760 = 205

I would take the NFL franchise appreciating risk any day over the stock market.
We're not last!

Quote:Does that exclude the worth of the stadium due to city owning it?
Khan can't claim the stadium as an asset. 
Quote:The Jaguars are up to #29, ahead of the Lions, Bills and Rams.

You do the math.

You do realize we're ranked #56 of 67 Counties.... :pirate:

http://jacksonville.about.com/od/educati...nville.htm
That's pretty amazing.  I imagine the cost of the NBA franchises this past year has signicantly increased the value of all NFL teams. 

How much have the bids been for the Bills?

Quote:That's pretty amazing.  I imagine the cost of the NBA franchises this past year has signicantly increased the value of all NFL teams. 

How much have the bids been for the Bills?
Considering the Clippers just sold for 2 billion dollars, I think most sports franchises will see their values rise.  The fact that the smallest market franchise in the league is worth almost a billion dollars now is pretty amazing, and a year from now it will cross that threshold.  We've come a long way.

I don't think there have been any official bids for the Bills yet.  Last I read they were due in about 2 weeks. 

It would suck to be dead last. 

Quote:It would suck to be dead last. 
We'll be 30th once the Bills deal is closed. 
The Rodg is feeling the heat to increase revenue so much that he had the gaul to suggest bands having to pay the NFL to perform during the Super Bowl halftime.

It will be interesting to see what happens to these values once revenue has peaked.

Quote:The Rodg is feeling the heat to increase revenue so much that he had the gaul to suggest bands having to pay the NFL to perform during the Super Bowl halftime.

It will be interesting to see what happens to these values once revenue has peaked.
I read somewhere this fee they're floating to the finalists would go to a charity to be determined. 
Quote:965 - 760 = 205

But the Dow probably has less than a 2% dividend yield.   The increase in franchise value does not include the profits Khan has made on the team in the 2 years.  

So he still could have made more on the Jaguars than if he had invested in the Dow Jones Index. 

Holy crap, I just read the article and it says "operating income= $57 million.   That means In addition to the increase in franchise value, Khan has also pocketed over $100 million in income.   So he not only has $205 million in increased franchise value, he also has the $100 million in income.   So 305/760 = 40%  

Quote:Khan can't claim the stadium as an asset. 

Isn't it a long term lease?  They probably could if they wanted to, but that doesn't look as good for financial ratios.
Quote:Isn't it a long term lease?  They probably could if they wanted to, but that doesn't look as good for financial ratios.

I think when it comes to the valuation of the franchise in this forum, the stadium isn't part of the equation. 
And even more encouraging was that it looks like the Jags were 24th in revenue in 2013. I think that has to be an improvement over prior years. I would guess the London game helped and because of that I can see one game a year in London being extended. I would expect we will see even more of a bump in the 2014 revenue with the addition of all the premium seating this year along with increased advertising from the new video boards. All positive in my mind.
Gotta have money to make money!

Pages: 1 2