Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Thank You Mr Khan, Dave, and Gus
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have been a fan since 2001 when I moved to Florida. There have been some fun years and some good games in not so good years. But for a few years, previous to this new regime, it was very hard to be a fan of this team. The ineptitude was on par or worse than Cleveland and Oakland. Finally this year, no matter the win/loss record I know without a doubt I will be proud of the team and the improvement that will take place over the course of the season. Start or sit Blake I don't really care (Start him, start him, start him please) I'm just looking forward to an incredible season. So with all that being said Thank You Mr Khan, Dave, and Gus for giving me hope again and making it easier to argue the coming success of my team. I appreciate all you've done and will continue to do for this team. GO JAGS!!!!

The future looks bright I got to wear shades (teal)!   The Jaguars are actually getting a lot of media attention and its positive in regards to our GM, HC, QB, heck even the DLine is starting to look good.   Of course its still preseason, and nobody expects this team to make it to the Superbowl (heck most people dont even see a playoff birth this year) but the team has definetly improved & heading in the right direction.

For once the team has a plan (a good one) and is sticking to it.

(I think Blake Bortles will start by week 3 if not sooner he is just looking too good as a rookie to sit behind a non-star/performer like Henne)  What do you really expect Bortles to learn from Henne how to lose?

Bortles starts when he's ready... I just hope it's against the Steelers.

What Blake is learning from Chad is professionalism, attitude, humbleness! Blake already has the talent! When He is ready we will see a good product on the field. Chad allows Blake to be in a good place, not rushing to fail! 

Quote:What Blake is learning from Chad is professionalism, attitude, humbleness! Blake already has the talent! When He is ready we will see a good product on the field. Chad allows Blake to be in a good place, not rushing to fail! 
Agreed.  Henne is serving as a mentor for Bortles on what it takes to be a true pro QB. 

Henne knows the clock is ticking on his time as the starter for this team, and he has never made any indication that he is bothered by his fate.  He recognizes that the team drafted Bortles to be the long term solution at the position, and he has supported the decision.  He even supported the move to give Bortles reps with the first team this week.  Henne has shown nothing but class through this entire process, all the while trying to solidify his spot on the roster by improving his own game. 

He gets a lot of guff here, but in the end, he's been a good transitional guy taking us from the dregs of QBs with Gabbert to what we hope will be better days with Bortles. 
"He definitely needs that opportunity," Henne said before Monday’s practice. "You never know what’s going to happen in the season, whether I go down or I’m not playing well and he needs to step in. It’s a good test. It’s a good defensive front and getting some work with the ones is definitely beneficial.

"Gus talked to me about it and he wanted to make sure I was fine with it and I said, ‘Absolutely.’ Blake needs to see what it’s like with the ones and feel that tempo and just get some good time with the offensive line and where he’s going to set up and where he’s going to throw the football." - Chad Henne according to SI

---------------------------------

You got to love that part whether I go down or I'm not playing well.... which happens first?

Quote:Agreed.  Henne is serving as a mentor for Bortles on what it takes to be a true pro QB. 

Henne knows the clock is ticking on his time as the starter for this team, and he has never made any indication that he is bothered by his fate.  He recognizes that the team drafted Bortles to be the long term solution at the position, and he has supported the decision.  He even supported the move to give Bortles reps with the first team this week.  Henne has shown nothing but class through this entire process, all the while trying to solidify his spot on the roster by improving his own game. 

He gets a lot of guff here, but in the end, he's been a good transitional guy taking us from the dregs of QBs with Gabbert to what we hope will be better days with Bortles. 
Beats having Bortles under Gabbert, or Hoyer.. man the Browns got problems both QBs looked like garbage against the skins
Quote:Agreed.  Henne is serving as a mentor for Bortles on what it takes to be a true pro QB. 

exactly.  Very well said
Quote:"He definitely needs that opportunity," Henne said before Monday’s practice. "You never know what’s going to happen in the season, whether I go down or I’m not playing well and he needs to step in. It’s a good test. It’s a good defensive front and getting some work with the ones is definitely beneficial.

"Gus talked to me about it and he wanted to make sure I was fine with it and I said, ‘Absolutely.’ Blake needs to see what it’s like with the ones and feel that tempo and just get some good time with the offensive line and where he’s going to set up and where he’s going to throw the football." - Chad Henne according to SI

---------------------------------

You got to love that part whether I go down or I'm not playing well.... which happens first?
It's irrelevant. What matters in these comments is the fact that he's being a good teammate through all of this, which is exactly what you want from the guy you're expecting to mentor your new star. 
but but henne suxors gahhhh

Quote:I have been a fan since 2001 when I moved to Florida. There have been some fun years and some good games in not so good years. But for a few years, previous to this new regime, it was very hard to be a fan of this team. The ineptitude was on par or worse than Cleveland and Oakland. Finally this year, no matter the win/loss record I know without a doubt I will be proud of the team and the improvement that will take place over the course of the season. Start or sit Blake I don't really care (Start him, start him, start him please) I'm just looking forward to an incredible season. So with all that being said Thank You Mr Khan, Dave, and Gus for giving me hope again and making it easier to argue the coming success of my team. I appreciate all you've done and will continue to do for this team. GO JAGS!!!!

AMEN TO THAT  !!! 

Can you all not turn this into a Bortles / Henne thread !!!  

Please read the original (well written) post

Loving what the Jags are doing.  Chad is doing exactly what you would want from a journeyman.  Mentor the kid and step aside when it's time.  Not to be too hyped, but this team could win eight games this year.  And challenge for the division next year. :yes:

Quote:Loving what the Jags are doing.  Chad is doing exactly what you would want from a journeyman.  Mentor the kid and step aside when it's time.  Not to be too hyped, but this team could win eight games this year.  And challenge for the division next year. :yes:
If everything goes their way, they could actually win 8 games AND challenge for the division this year.  I don't think Indy is going to be nearly as dominant as some expect. 
Quote:What Blake is learning from Chad is professionalism, attitude, humbleness! Blake already has the talent! When He is ready we will see a good product on the field. Chad allows Blake to be in a good place, not rushing to fail!

Even though I'd rather have BB5 get the needed experience along w/our three new receivers, I see Bradley's/Caldwell's point of placing BB5 in an position that's pressureless. BB5 will sooner than later be our starting QB...

NH3...
Serious Man Luv to Mr. Khan for purchasing our team, for setting the standards, for raising the bar and for acquiring Caldwel and Lamping.

Much Man Luv to Lamping for his true vision, the ability to step outside of the box, the willingness to take on another project, the acceptance of Mr. Khan's offer and THE WORLD'S BIGGEST JUMBOTRONS(2).

Much Man Luv to Caldwell for his draft selections, for his selections of scouts and his selection of Head Coach...

Much Man Luv to Bradley for his carisma, for his leadership, for his disciplined hardship, for him being a players coach, for him being the most liked HC to come along in awhile and for his coaching staff.

All In All I have Seriou Man Luv for the Entire Establishment and it starts from the Top...

Thank you Shad Khan... "Much Man Luv"..

NH3...