Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: I stand by this. 9-7 Book it!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
I been saying all offseason long our jags will go 9-7 this year no matter who the qb is. Don't get me wrong qb is imporent,and you need a good one,but our defense this year will keep us in games,and even win a couple for us. Book us in at 9-7 this. I have no doubt.

Hard to agree with this one. While Henne can be "efficient", he has problems scoring TD's. You aren't going to win 9 games kicking field goals all the time no matter how good your defense is.

Quote:Hard to agree with this one. While Henne can be "efficient", he has problems scoring TD's. You aren't going to win 9 games kicking field goals all the time no matter how good your defense is.
Denver managed to go 8-8 kicking field goals all the time when they had that QB ESPN used to like playing for them.
Quote:Denver managed to go 8-8 kicking field goals all the time when they had that QB ESPN used to like playing for them.

I just don't see Scobee making many 65 yarder's in that thin Jacksonville air.
It seems to me that the goal is to build a defense that will kill Andrew Luck.  That team has no depth at all, and once Luck folds, the whole team will.  As for the Texans, they will fall on their own sword no matter how good Jadeveon Clowney is, because they really needed a quarterback.  Also, I hate to say it, but Jake Locker has never been a winner and he just doesn't have the tools around him.  I think success is going to come the Jags way a lot sooner than people think, and I know a lot of other Seahawks fans that feel the same way.

9-7 feels about right.

Don't worry.. i'll book it... and remember your post when they go 5-11.

Quote:Hard to agree with this one. While Henne can be "efficient", he has problems scoring TD's. You aren't going to win 9 games kicking field goals all the time no matter how good your defense is.
Agreed. This isn't futbol.... the objective is to outscore your opponents with TD's and FG's, not trip over the 50 yard line and trot Scobee out to prove himself game after game. We need more offense on this team. Touchdowns mainly.
I think the Cleveland Browns won nine games on the strength of their kicker once.  Wasn't it with Bill Belichick at head coach?

Quote:I think the Cleveland Browns won nine games on the strength of their kicker once.  Wasn't it with Bill Belichick at head coach?
The bengals and ravens were horrible back then.     Hoodie is a freak... All he does is win win win

I remember people saying 9 and 7 last year after a few preseason games and though there is much more to be excited about this year and our schedule is much easier I still feel we are a year away from 8 and 8

Free safety is a key position in our style of d and that position is currently a weaknesses

Chicago neutralised our pass rush even though we look very solid against the run we need our current guys to step up or need to invest next year

Our interior line is still deeply flawed particularly at centre

henne is henne and the wide receivers are rookies plus almost all our senior players have had injury niggles/ personal issues disturb their camp

Which makes me look at 6 and 10, a top 15 pick which will them make us ready for 8+ wins next year
Considering we could have won 5-6 games last year and if our defense is as improved as it looks it could happen.

I still stick by 6-10. Maybe 7-9.

I still think 7-9 , but I hope you are right, snowie. 

The Jags would need to over achieve, but it could happen. The ball bounces funny sometimes. But 7-9 would be a success. 

I feel more comfortable at this time this year than any other year in a long time. So yeah 9-7 isn't impossible, not likely but keep up the faith snowie you never know.

The thing about centers is they tend to get better the longer they're in the league.  I wish you guys got Mack from Cleveland.

Depends on how soon Bortles is playing, Henne is good for maybe 5 wins 

The teams starters have won both Pre-Season games in dominant fashion. I wouldn't be surprised if the Jags made the post season.

I'm with ya' Wolfie. 9-7 it is in the book.

Regards...................the Chiefjag

PS. Will you be doing your pre-game cheer?

It's hard to make a prediction, because flaws could be exposed on the OL that would not be easy to fix during the season.  There's a reason we offered $42 million for Alex Mack. The Jags would have a pretty strong OL now if the C position was a Pro Bowler instead of a guy who might not make the final cut.  But the arrow is pointing up and with a few favorable bounces here and there - who knows?  The division isn't that strong.  If the Jags could somehow win a couple of early games, gain some confidence, with Gus at the helm I feel like anything's possible.    

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6