Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Hindsight is 20/20: Draft Day Conference Call
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
http://www.jaguars.com/media-gallery/vid...062696ed0d

A lot of fans seem to think that because Bortles seems to be tearing it up that the organization will waver from their plan. In this conference call after Blake was selected, HC & GM talked a lot about patience, conviction, and being strict to their plan, which they are all on the same page with.

Caldwell starts at the 8 minute mark. Looking back at this video, it's encouraging. What Caldwell says, I can vividly see. At the 13:30 mark he talks about how the coaching staff, owner, himself were all on the same page and springing him into the starting lineup the Thursday before opening day is "that's not going to happen." Caldwell said everyone is convicted to this plan. Bradley said that Blake thought he had a high ceiling and he wanted to get there as fast as possible, to which Bradley said he'd provide that environment. This fast progression is somewhat expected amongst the coaching staff. And Caldwell mention that they talked at length about this plan to sit Bortles. Love that this was unanimous decision from the all the scouts without knowledge of who everyone wanted. Interesting part at 21:58 with Bradley, says it might take a year or half a season, "or even faster." but then he mention Henne's rookie preseason, almost admitting that good things can happen in preseason but to take it with a grain of salt. Things that Caldwell & Bradley about competitive, leader, and intangibles were spot on.

I initially wasn't excited about this video because I wasn't excited about Bortles. But knowing what I know about Bortles now, this video is very encouraging. It's almost creepy how accurate things seems to be going right down to his ending comments about "Clemons and Bryant" allowing them to pass on a pass rushers.

Bradley said they had conversations about A scenario where Bortles and Clowney were both on the board, he said he almost tried to talked himself into Clowney but it was clear Bortles was best for the organization. "If Clowney would have fell, we would have still made this pick." Caldwell and Bradley seem to know what they're doing. I remember him making a comment about how he thought Bortles had a chance to be the first pick overall next year. Of course in this video, he said he'd scouted this year's and next year's quarterbacks.

Bottom line for me: I think he'll start this season, probably after the bye, but we can probably rule out week 1
I am going to give this a shot....

If I plan a vacation in December, but I wreck my car and have to use my money to fix it, then all of a sudden my plans have to change.

Blake is forcing the coaches to rethink there plan.  If he is not ready, then he won't start.

Quote:I am going to give this a shot....

If I plan a vacation in December, but I wreck my car and have to use my money to fix it, then all of a sudden my plans have to change.

Blake is forcing the coaches to rethink there plan.  If he is not ready, then he won't start.

On the same token, if you plan on taking that vacation by driving and you notice that you can also get to the same location by plane, the plane is not an option until you have enough money for airfare. Even if you have a lot more money than what was needed for gas, until you get enough cash to pay the airlines, plane travel is not a real option.
Quote:On the same token, if you plan on taking that vacation by driving and you notice that you can also get to the same location by plane, the plane is not an option until you have enough money for airfare. Even if you have a lot more money than what was needed for gas, until you get enough cash to pay the airlines, plane travel is not a real option.

Brilliant.
'preciate it.