Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: I believe we have our 4th pillar
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Every successful team has the leadership at each pillar starting from the top: Owner, GM, Head Coach, Quarterback. Our owner is just as committed to the organization and city as any other, our GM is studious and meticulous in his process, our coach is a charismatic leader of men, and I think we've got our quarterback now. Our quarter who will string together the efforts of the men above him. This feels good. This feels DIFFERENT than before. This must've been what they were talking about when they preached about "sustainable success."

Khan

Caldwell

Bradley

Bortles

These are the guys that will bring the Lombardi trophy to Jacksonville
Quote:Every successful team has the leadership at each pillar starting from the top: Owner, GM, Head Coach, Quarterback. Our owner is just as committed to the organization and city as any other, our GM is studious and meticulous in his process, our coach is a charismatic leader of men, and I think we've got our quarterback now. Our quarter who will string together the efforts of the men above him. This feels good. This feels DIFFERENT than before. This must've been what they were talking about when they preached about "sustainable success."

Khan

Caldwell

Bradley

Bortles

These are the guys that will bring the Lombardi trophy to Jacksonville
They are collectively for sure the envy of the NFL right now, and the future is as bright as it has been since 1996.  Good timing, I am too old to wait another 18 years.
Quote:They are collectively for sure the envy of the NFL right now, and the future is as bright as it has been since 1996.  Good timing, I am too old to wait another 18 years.
I don't know if I'd go that far.

I'd say New England (Kraft, Brady Belichick), Baltimore (Biscotti,Newsone, Flacco), Pitsburgh (Rooney, Colbert, Tomlin, Roethlisberger), Green Bay and Seattle have those designations.

That said, I love the foundation we have, and I think if we continue along this path, we truly will be the envy of the league.
Is this really finally the Jags rebuild that I have been waiting more than 10 years for?

Quote:I don't know if I'd go that far.

I'd say New England (Kraft, Brady Belichick), Baltimore (Biscotti,Newsone, Flacco), Pitsburgh (Rooney, Colbert, Tomlin, Roethlisberger), Green Bay and Seattle have those designations.

That said, I love the foundation we have, and I think if we continue along this path, we truly will be the envy of the league.
True, I guess I got a little ahead of myself.  That is some elite company to be grouped with but the potential is there and I can live with that for now.  
It feels good to feel good about our situation!
It sure feels like its coming together, after several seasons of limbo and failed rosters there is something different about the organization this year. If it manifests into good football this season, it'll be so much fun again for the Jags fans in this town
Quote:It sure feels like its coming together, after several seasons of limbo and failed rosters there is something different about the organization this year. If it manifests into good football this season, it'll be so much fun again for the Jags fans in this town
I feel ya.... Atleast the team has direction now.

Gotta give a shout out to Section 433. Can't wait to back walk down the ramps after we knock off the Steelers. It's always a good time taking shots at old division rivals.

Go Jaguars.
Cart horse
As a former Seahawks season ticket holder who moved to Pensacola in the wrong year, let me tell you that I have seen this movie before.

Quote:As a former Seahawks season ticket holder who moved to Pensacola in the wrong year, let me tell you that I have seen this movie before.

Any chance you've watched our preseason games and noticed anything about the defense? I know we run alot of cover 3 now like Seattle having Gus but id like to hear what a seattle fan thinks.

Do we seem to use press coverage on the outside as much as you guys did? How about blitzing vs just using a 4 man rush?
Quote:Cart horse

Premature?  Maybe a little but.....

It is better to see actual progress and not get caught up in a record at this point.  The overall positive feelings are an improvement as well.  We are fans and we do get to have some excitement.  I have been tempering my enthusiasm as much as I can but....

It sure is nice to see actual QB play and a defense that can hold the point of attack.  Of course things could change in the season but I believe we will see building block progress.  1996 was the last time we saw real building block progress.  The 2007 team was an anomaly and didn't represent sustainability. 
We hope we've got all 4 pillars in place.

Right now it's mostly about hope for Bortles.  We're starting to see signs that Bradley and Caldwell are part of that, and Khan has solidified himself for sure.  We're headed in the right direction, and that's what matters most right now. 

Quote:Premature?  Maybe a little but.....

It is better to see actual progress and not get caught up in a record at this point.  The overall positive feelings are an improvement as well.  We are fans and we do get to have some excitement.  I have been tempering my enthusiasm as much as I can but....

It sure is nice to see actual QB play and a defense that can hold the point of attack.  Of course things could change in the season but I believe we will see building block progress.  1996 was the last time we saw real building block progress.  The 2007 team was an anomaly and didn't represent sustainability.

Clearly some posters of this board are conditioning others towards a beautiful letdown as we've seen annually for the past decade. Granted, I'm just as excited as the next fan, being that there are many reasons to merit such a following. I was merely pointing out the fact of maybe, just maybe, we shall wait until a regular season game has been played before predicating them as a dynasty already.
Quote:We hope we've got all 4 pillars in place.

Right now it's mostly about hope for Bortles. We're starting to see signs that Bradley and Caldwell are part of that, and Khan has solidified himself for sure. We're headed in the right direction, and that's what matters most right now.
Jim Irsay is somewhere drinking at the moment
Quote:Jim Irsay is somewhere drinking at the moment
If everything comes together as we hope it will here, he may just move into rehab permanently. 
You forgot the 5th Pillar. This Fanbase. We have to continue to be supportive and committed to this team on a consistent basis. I think we've just about reached that point. Just keep filling up the seats on Sundays and go home with a raspy voice. That's what this team needs man.

Quote:You forgot the 5th Pillar. This Fanbase. We have to continue to be supportive and committed to this team on a consistent basis. I think we've just about reached that point. Just keep filling up the seats on Sundays and go home with a raspy voice. That's what this team needs man.

That's a great point but we have the right guy working on that: Mark Lamping.  

In fact, you could put the 4 pillars like this: 

Ownership - Khan

The Product - Caldwell and Bradley

Business Management - Lamping

In the stands- the Fans

Everything else, including the QB, is transitory. 
Quote:We hope we've got all 4 pillars in place.

Right now it's mostly about hope for Bortles.  We're starting to see signs that Bradley and Caldwell are part of that, and Khan has solidified himself for sure.  We're headed in the right direction, and that's what matters most right now. 

I was skeptical about Khan's commitment to Jacksonville at first but he's been everything you could ever hope for and more. The Job he's done is nothing short of amazing, almost feels unreal when looking at what he's done.
Quote:That's a great point but we have the right guy working on that: Mark Lamping.  

In fact, you could put the 4 pillars like this: 

Ownership - Khan

The Product - Caldwell and Bradley

Business Management - Lamping

In the stands- the Fans

Everything else, including the QB, is transitory. 

Do not, under any circumstances, underestimate the impact of Hussain Naqui, the Senior VP of Fan Engagement. He has a big, big hand in the "fan friendly" type of stuff.
Pages: 1 2 3 4