Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: forget bad calls by refs 1 play changed game!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Jags are winning 17-3 on the road. Myers misses a chip shot FG. From that point on it was all colts. The missed fg by Myers changed the mountuem  to colts.

Yep, if we had kept Gus then Myers would still be making 90% of his field goals to lose games by 10 points.

No it was Alan Robinson dropping that easy catch on the sideline. That would have been a first down and continued our drive. Instead we punted in the Colts drove for a touchdown.
Yeah that mountuem was a killer.
I felt there were 3 plays that cost us the game. 

1. the Bortles fumble that prevented us from scoring. 

2. Not going for the 4th and short at mid field. 

3. The biggest IMO- Bortles inability to pick up the 3 and 5 with his feet, instead, overthrowing to robinson for a missed Myers field goal... Borltes had the whole field ahead of him to pick up those 5 yards. He stepped up into the pocket and at worst would have set up a closer field goal.  Instead he chooses to overthrow a well covered Robinson. I though that was the most pivotal point of the game. 

Quote:I felt there were 3 plays that cost us the game. 

1. the Bortles fumble that prevented us from scoring. 

2. Not going for the 4th and short at mid field. 

3. The biggest IMO- Bortles inability to pick up the 3 and 5 with his feet, instead, overthrowing to robinson for a missed Myers field goal... Borltes had the whole field ahead of him to pick up those 5 yards. He stepped up into the pocket and at worst would have set up a closer field goal.  Instead he chooses to overthrow a well covered Robinson. I though that was the most pivotal point of the game. 

The second I saw him go into that windup I cringed. Should have run for that first down and moved the chains.
Quote:The second I saw him go into that windup I cringed. Should have run for that first down and moved the chains.

Agree.

Ironically, Luck did basically the same thing in the first game in London. On the 4th down attempt at the end of the game, Luck could've easily run it and most likely made the yards to gain. He instead threw an ill-advised pass that ended up incomplete and costing the colts.
Quote:Agree.

Ironically, Luck did basically the same thing in the first game in London. On the 4th down attempt at the end of the game, Luck could've easily run it and most likely made the yards to gain. He instead threw an ill-advised pass that ended up incomplete and costing the colts.

Yeah, I recall it. I understand Blake's impulse, but I think the right choice in that case would have been to run for the 5-10 yards he had available and gotten to the next play.
Quote:Yeah, I recall it. I understand Blake's impulse, but I think the right choice in that case would have been to run for the 5-10 yards he had available and gotten to the next play.

On the replay there was a LB and a S between him and the line. He might've made it, but probably not.
This team does not have a killer instinct
It's little things that cost us games.   A dropped pass, a fumble, a blown coverage, a bad decision.   It's maddening, but it makes me believe we are not far away from having a winning team. 

The epic collapse of the D on the last drive cost us the game, which I don't think was the worse thing, all those who thought there might of been some part of this abomination of a coaching staff that should be saved hopefully can see that even the waterboy needs sacked
I thought they played the last few minutes correctly.  After Skuta blocked the punt, the proper thing to do is run 3 times and make Indy use their timeouts.  If you get a 1st down, it's game over.  The prevent D was very soft, but Luck had to execute perfectly on each play or the clock would have run out.  We gave them completions in the middle of the field, and the Colts did a great job getting to the next play with minimal seconds wasted.  A sack of Luck or even a batted away pass would have interrupted the sequence enough to kill the clock. 

Even though I wanted the win, the higher draft pick is a nice consolation prize.  And I wonder if the win would have cemented Marrone as the next coach.  I think the FO will still consider Marrone, but maybe in a more realistic sense and not in the emotional aftermath of 2 impressive wins.

4th Quarter, 1:54 left to play, we block the punt and take over on the Colts 30 yard line..............Colts have all 3 timeouts left.

We call 3 running plays and gain 7 yards........it's 4th and 3........1:21 left on the clock........we kick the field goal, we're up 20-17.

Colts drive the length of the field and score a t.d. To win 24-20.

-__________________________________________________________________________

If, instead, on 3rd down, after the Colts had used 2 timeouts, we had tried a short pass play, we would have had a better chance of gaining a 1st down, and if we were successful, we could have taken a knee and ran out the clock. If the pass was incomplete, sure, the clock stops, but the Colts would have called timeout anyway. The only ramifications would be that they started their drive with one timeout instead of none.