Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: The Team
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I know this is a bit soon, but I just wanted to point out that the Jags starters outplayed TB's starters and Chicago's starters. 

Chicago is actually a pretty good team too, that first quarter against them was absolutely dominant. If the team plays like this next week against the Lions starters, I'm thinking they may be able to do more than just produce a stop gap season that a lot of people seem to be anticipating.

Just wanted to give the 1's credit for their performance.

we rollin hard son

I was a little nervous when we weren't pressuring Cutler on that drive they scored on.
Quote:we rollin hard son

[Image: gif_clint_yes350.gif]

Quote:I was a little nervous when we weren't pressuring Cutler on that drive they scored on.

I was too. Towards the end of last season, the D's blitz packages looked really well designed. Hopefully they can keep that going into the regular season, because I know they weren't blitzing against Chicago.
I think our offense will have trouble with good defenses again (Tampa). But we don't face too many this year.

Our defense looks like it can perform against high quality offense (Chicago) and crush poor offenses (Tampa). Small sample size, but this looks like it will be a fun year.
Quote:I think our offense will have trouble with good defenses again (Tampa). But we don't face too many this year.

Our defense looks like it can perform against high quality offense (Chicago) and crush poor offenses (Tampa). Small sample size, but this looks like it will be a fun year.

I think the offense will pick up as the season goes on. Even more so if Bortles is deemed ready at some point.

The defense looks like it will comfortably place in the top half of the league, I'm really liking it so far. Once the offense gets going, the defense will start to shine. 

I just read people saying the Jags have a long way to go, and yes, there's a lot of room for improvement, but the team so far? They look like they can be in contention come December. 
Having as much depth as we do impresses me the most.  We finally have a foundation to build on.  The only weakness I see (and what everyone else can see) is our O-Line.  One more stellar draft and we will have a very solid squad.  This is going to be a very interesting season to watch.

The team has come a long way in two short years but honestly we're probably still a year away from serious contention. Hopefully though we're able to still making things at least interesting come December.
Quote:Having as much depth as we do impresses me the most.  We finally have a foundation to build on.  The only weakness I see (and what everyone else can see) is our O-Line.  One more stellar draft and we will have a very solid squad.  This is going to be a very interesting season to watch.

I think next season this team will be a big threat in the AFC. 

Quote:The team has come a long way in two short years but honestly we're probably still a year away from serious contention. Hopefully though we're able to still making things at least interesting come December.

This would be great. If the team's in contention in December, I think they have a serious shot at making the post season.

Mostly because I think the Jags will get better as the season goes on.
Quote:I was a little nervous when we weren't pressuring Cutler on that drive they scored on.

I think that was a preseason defensive package.   Rushing 4 men only, no LBs or DBs.   In the regular season, Bradley and Babich would adjust for the fact that we were not getting to the QB with a 4 man rush, and start sending LBs and DBs.   I think they just don't want to show that right now. 
This is the year we're in games we shouldn't be and win a few we shouldn't. We'll also probably lose one or two we shouldn't to teams we should beat. It's the middle point between terrible and competitive.

How good would this offense look with Todd Gurley toting the rock. Sorry too early for that, my bad there
Agreed. Jacksonville played the better game. Chicago has a bad defense, but the Jags were lighting them up. Great signs.
Quote:[Image: gif_clint_yes350.gif]

I was too. Towards the end of last season, the D's blitz packages looked really well designed. Hopefully they can keep that going into the regular season, because I know they weren't blitzing against Chicago.
Agreed. It would be nice if they could consistently get pressure with four down lineman, but the reality is they will need to dial up the blitzes especially against the better offenses like Chicago.
I'm excited about this years Jaguars.

We have a returning and expanded D, hope at QB position (especially for 2015),

receivers out the ying yang.....and a big ole RB with a slippery RB to throw defenses a curve.

I'm pumped and I'm ready. :yes:

I'm glad I'm not the only one feeling good about this season. A lot of people just seem to be glossing over this season with their eyes on the future, but I think good things can be done this year.