Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Republican Texas Governor Rick Perry indicted.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
This indictment is pretty laughable. Especially when you watch the DUI booking video of the hack district attorney who is behind this out of Austin. It's a political smear campaign at it's finest. He threatened to veto funding for her unit if she didn't step down. She refused, so he kept his word.
It's definitely a political stunt, just like the congress suing the President.   Just more political bovine excrement.  

Gotta love this time of year......

This will be fantastic for his presidential aspirations. Nothing like making the other side into partisan caricatures to liven up the base.

Even David Axelrod thinks it's sketchy.

Quote:Even David Axelrod thinks it's sketchy.

Texas law says Perry can veto a line item in the budget for any or no reason. They can indite all they want, they don't have a case and it's going to go very badly for Democrats.
Quote:Texas law says Perry can veto a line item in the budget for any or no reason. They can indite all they want, they don't have a case and it's going to go very badly for Democrats.

They're hoping it will drag out long enough to create an effective distraction.  They did the same thing to Tom DeLay.
Quote:This will be fantastic for his presidential aspirations. Nothing like making the other side into partisan caricatures to liven up the base.

Does anyone take Rick Perry seriously anyway?
Quote:Does anyone take Rick Perry seriously anyway?

About as serious as Chris criste
Quote:Does anyone take Rick Perry seriously anyway?

That's not the point. It's the outright abuse of governmental power to exact political reprisal. It should be condemned from all sides.
Quote:That's not the point. It's the outright abuse of governmental power to exact political reprisal. It should be condemned from all sides.

But which side are we condemning, the DA or the Governor, cause they're both pleading the same case?
Quote:About as serious as Chris criste
Pretty much every company that has moved their base of operations to his state over the past decade or so. 
Quote:Texas law says Perry can veto a line item in the budget for any or no reason. They can indite all they want, they don't have a case and it's going to go very badly for Democrats.
The district attorney at the center of this is in a safe position because she's in Austin, a very democrat friendly area of the state.  That's why they were able to get a grand jury to pass down an indictment on something that isn't illegal, or an abuse of his office. This is all part of the effort to turn Texas blue, and it shows just how desperate they've become in their attempts. 

Quote:But which side are we condemning, the DA or the Governor, cause they're both pleading the same case?

How is Perry wrong? He used his lawful authority to veto funding for a public official who clearly committed a conflict of interest offense. A public official who saw her government paycheck as more valuable than the public trust. This is the perfect example of government failing to work towards a common good for the sake of a petty political slap fight.
Quote:But which side are we condemning, the DA or the Governor, cause they're both pleading the same case?
Perry did his job.  The DA is abusing her position.
Quote:Pretty much every company that has moved their base of operations to his state over the past decade or so. 

Perry's been a good governor overall for Texas but I don't think he stands a chance to get the nomination for the GOP
Quote:Perry's been a good governor overall for Texas but I don't think he stands a chance to get the nomination for the GOP
I'm not really concerned about him in that regard.  The establishment will select their nominee, and it'll be another staunch conservative along the lines of McCain or Romney or Dole. 
Quote:I'm not really concerned about him in that regard.  The establishment will select their nominee, and it'll be another staunch conservative along the lines of McCain or Romney or Dole.

I kind of got turned off by Perry a few years ago when he started giving in state scholarships to illegals. He's not my first choice but I'd take him over an establishment guy.
The question is would Perry have taken the same stance if this DA was a Republican?

Pages: 1 2 3 4