Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: The tacks
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I have to say, they look alright so far in the Pre-Season. Locker and Mettnberger both played well tonight.

Luke McCown shredded their D though. Luke McCown. 

Anyways, I think the tacks will be middle of the road again this season. As per the norm.

Jimmy graham is an unstoppable monster.
Mettenberger is 13 of 15 177 yards 1 td 0 picks

o.O

Justin Hunter was my favorite WR in the draft last year and he already has 2 TD.  I think he will be a stud if the Titans have a QB that can get him the ball.

Man Mattenburger puttin on a show. 200

+ yards and 2 TDs.
Looks like the Saints 3rd stringer going to get 200 too...

Quote:I have to say, they look alright so far in the Pre-Season. Locker and Mettnberger both played well tonight.

Luke McCown shredded their D though. Luke McCown. 

Anyways, I think the tacks will be middle of the road again this season. As per the norm.

I wasn't impressed by the tacks. Their defense was driven on by luke McCown at will and Locker looks like another Henne who can't throw it more than 10 yards down the field without significant chance for an INT.

From what I saw it looks like Wisenhunt's plan is just to try to minimize his ability to sabotage the team. Hopefully Locker has a fool's gold season and they sign him to a rich contract.
I think they might have the best online in the league
As a Titans' fan, I can say I've been pretty underwhelmed by the defense so far. New coaches and new scheme (3-4), but same problem. We can't seal the edge to save our lives. The secondary still looks good except for filling the hole left by Verner. Sensabaugh has looked downright bad at times. On the plus side, we haven't had nowhere near the issues most teams are having with the picky calls on defensive holding. Morgan actually looks like a pretty decent OLB, and nobody was really sure how well he would play in the 3-4. He's actually played pretty good in coverage.

On offense, the running game looks night and day better with an improved line and a good stable of running backs that aren't tripping over their own ego. The passing game looks better with Locker back and the depth behind him definitely seems improved. Kendall Wright seems lost in this offense so far. I'm not sure what is going on there. Hunter has made huge strides and has been playing on the oustide with KW in the slot. Nate Washington is still Nate Washington, but I have no doubt he'll be gimpy after week 2 or so. You FF guys do with that information what you will. KW was actually not too bad of a pickup in PPR leagues last season.

Quote:As a Titans' fan, I can say I've been pretty underwhelmed by the defense so far. New coaches and new scheme (3-4), but same problem. We can't seal the edge to save our lives. The secondary still looks good except for filling the hole left by Verner. Sensabaugh has looked downright bad at times. On the plus side, we haven't had nowhere near the issues most teams are having with the picky calls on defensive holding. Morgan actually looks like a pretty decent OLB, and nobody was really sure how well he would play in the 3-4. He's actually played pretty good in coverage.

On offense, the running game looks night and day better with an improved line and a good stable of running backs that aren't tripping over their own ego. The passing game looks better with Locker back and the depth behind him definitely seems improved. Kendall Wright seems lost in this offense so far. I'm not sure what is going on there. Hunter has made huge strides and has been playing on the oustide with KW in the slot. Nate Washington is still Nate Washington, but I have no doubt he'll be gimpy after week 2 or so. You FF guys do with that information what you will. KW was actually not too bad of a pickup in PPR leagues last season.

what do you think the sharing of carries is going to look like between sankey and greene?

i ask for fantasy purposes.
Quote:I think they might have the best online in the league

Yeah, the o-line opened good holes for the running game. I don't know about being the best in the league, but it looked like the best part of that team.
Quote:what do you think the sharing of carries is going to look like between sankey and greene?

i ask for fantasy purposes.

And McCluster. Greene got hurt again against the Saints, though I think he'll play next week. Hurt is his MO. He's good when he's playing, but he's too old and has had too many surgeries. It may be a mistake, but I'm staying away from Titans' running backs. It's just too risky. It seems like there will be a lot of rotation. That said, when Greene is healthy, he will likely get the better percentage of the carries, and red zone carries will definitely be him, sometimes Battle. Sankey has looked good and he's made some great plays in the passing game, but I'm not sure I've seen him carry against the ones. If it's happened, it hasn't been many carries. McCluster may be the better option, when Greene is hurt. Just depends on how deep your league is on whether you would want to draft a Titans' back, in my opinion.
I forgot to mention who I think is the most improved player. Taylor Thompson at TE. If they keep using him like they have been, he is going to have a huge season. He's been getting open all over the field. He's on nobody's radar. I plan to draft him in the last round of my leagues.

Haven't seen the games but Locker and Met looking good on the box score this preseason. 

I have said this before and will say it again, the tacks remind me of the Jags under Del Rio.  Doing just enough to hover around .500.  

They have some nice pieces at WR and the O-line, but still need some help.  I think they will be an interesting team to watch this year.

Quote:I have said this before and will say it again, the tacks remind me of the Jags under Del Rio.  Doing just enough to hover around .500.  

They have some nice pieces at WR and the O-line, but still need some help.  I think they will be an interesting team to watch this year.

We need to nickname them the "eight and eights"
Quote:I have said this before and will say it again, the tacks remind me of the Jags under Del Rio.  Doing just enough to hover around .500.  

Good comparison, unless Locker suddenly transforms in a way QBs generally don't they'll be in that middle of the draft limbo that the Jaguars suffered through for years in much of the last decade.

Never good enough to compete with the elite teams, never bad enough to be in position to draft a real difference maker.
screw the tacks

Quote:Good comparison, unless Locker suddenly transforms in a way QBs generally don't they'll be in that middle of the draft limbo that the Jaguars suffered through for years in much of the last decade.

Never good enough to compete with the elite teams, never bad enough to be in position to draft a real difference maker.

You're always in position to draft a difference maker. Problem is, sometimes you keep missing.

Could've had watt and earl Thomas on this team

It's interesting that I've thought the same thing.  The Titans will win some games that "on paper" they should lose.  They continue to be a dangerous team not because they are really good, but because they could be just good enough.
Pages: 1 2