Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: 2016 is over
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
The Bradley regime is finally done. The Leo/Otto are finally over. Blowing 17 point leads are hopefully done.

Take a deep breath everyone. It's finally over.
Let us now recoup fam. Venting thread.

So thankful! Draft prep time!!!
On to the Combine.
Burn the defensive playbook and hire a real defensive coordinator
Replace the LEO and OTTO with the GOTTA GO.
What was Wash doing that last drive?
I actually feel better after the last two weeks. The roster looks solid with a few holes. Bortles and the WRs seem to be back on track. We get good draft position and a new coach next year one way or another. 

Quote:Replace the LEO and OTTO with the GOTTA GO.

Lol
Quote:What was Wash doing that last drive?

Updating his resume
Is it still possible to get pick number three even though the bears lost today? I remember reading the strength of schedule was really close and if other teams lost it was possible
Quote:Burn the defensive playbook and hire a real defensive coordinator
And never, EVER run a prevent defense again.
Quote:Updating his resume

Laughing!
Quote:And never, EVER run a prevent defense again.

Agree!

So many teams go into prevent defenses,, and it still baffles me.

I get what they're trying to do.

But, how many times over the years do we see opposing offenses March up and down the field against those prevent defenses?

It happens all.the.time.

Prevent defense is ridiculous.
Quote:Is it still possible to get pick number three even though the bears lost today? I remember reading the strength of schedule was really close and if other teams lost it was possible

Yes, if SF wins.

So no.

Quote:Agree!

So many teams go into prevent defenses,, and it still baffles me.

I get what they're trying to do.

But, how many times over the years do we see opposing offenses March up and down the field against those prevent defenses?

It happens all.the.time.

Prevent defense is ridiculous.

It's coaches hating risk and the blame that comes with it. If you get burned with the prevent defense, you can say "our team failed to execute". If you get burned for blitzing on the last drive, it becomes why did the coach blitz and give the other team a chance. It is the same scenario in going for 2 point conversions, going for it on 4th downs, or even running/passing when trying to burn clock. 
I actually didnt even bother watching the last two games 

Quote:I actually didnt even bother watching the last two games

Too bad, they looked like a real team for a change.
Quote:Too bad, they looked like a real team for a change.
Not in the 2nd half of today's game. Looked a lot like the same ol garbage we've seen all year long.

Zero 2nd half adjustments. Awful game managing by the HC.
Quote:Not in the 2nd half of today's game. Looked a lot like the same ol garbage we've seen all year long.

Zero 2nd half adjustments. Awful game managing by the HC.

The last two weeks were night and day from the first 14, even with the underwhelming end. Myers hits those two FGs, which he's actually done all year, and everything is roses today.
Pages: 1 2