Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Demetrius McCray
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
What are your thoughts on McCray? He started against the Bucs, but that's most likely because Ball didn't play. Do you think he has a chance to become a starter for us?
Yes I think he can. I think it will be Colvin vs McCray next year battling our for the starting CB spot.
Yes. If they don't resign Ball I think he has a chance to start. A battle between McCray, Colvin, and Gratz will be fun to watch.
McCray was the man who was blanketing the receiver on Winston Guys interception
Yes, thanks for making this thread. I really hope McCray can develop into a starting corner because he most definitely looks the part. The guy is all arms and legs a la Richard Sherman.

It would be great for this organization to hit on and develop late round guys. He looked pretty good against the Bucs but also was not challenged very often from what I watched.

He's been playing like an early round pick since he got here.

Didn't we get him from the extra pick from the Matt Barkley trade to Philly? lol. We won that battle.

McCray > Gratz

He's been decent and worthy of his 7th round selection. To be fair however most 7th rounders get cut so anything above being axed from the team makes him worthy. Keep in mind however, he didn't exactly register any amazing plays last year. Just was consistent in not blowing coverage completely like cyp, gratz, and evans

Quote:McCray > Gratz
LOL.  Stir that pot, bruh.  

Seriously though, it's not terribly far-fetched that McCray may turn out to be better.  I don't see it yet, but I guess it's fun to speculate.  I'd be the first to say you called it - while being very happy that a late round pick became a quality starter.  But..... it's a bit early to make such a call IMO. 

Poor guy.

But you don't troll...
Quote:LOL.  Stir that pot, bruh.  

Seriously though, it's not terribly far-fetched that McCray may turn out to be better.  I don't see it yet, but I guess it's fun to speculate.  I'd be the first to say you called it - while being very happy that a late round pick became a quality starter.  But..... it's a bit early to make such a call IMO. 

You throw enough noodles at the wall one will eventually stick.

No agenda here at all.
McCray flashed a bit last year when forced into the lineup. It was good to see he did not look completely lost out there.
Even last year Mccray looked decent being thrown into a starting role with zero pash rush and surrounded by other rooks. He has the aggressive mentality we are looking for along with good size and athleticism.

I too think McCray , Colvin and Gratz will be our CBs next year. 

That said what happens to Ball and Will Blackmon? Both have played well especially last year. Dont know their contract length off the top but we could end up with a VERY deep CB set. Maybe so to where they move Colvin to FS as some have speculated just to get as many of them as possible on the field.

Imagine a nickel set with McCray , Gratz and Will Blackmon at CB /  Colvin and Cyprien at safety / Telvin Smith and Poz at the LB spots.

Then on top of that Alan Ball and Jeremy Harris as backups.

Like what's the need for this statement?
Quote:Even last year Mccray looked decent being thrown into a starting role with zero pash rush and surrounded by other rooks. He has the aggressive mentality we are looking for along with good size and athleticism.

That said what happens to Ball and Will Blackmon? Both have played well especially last year. Dont know their contract length off the top but we could end up with a VERY deep CB set. Maybe so to where they move Colvin to FS as some have speculated just to get as many of them as possible on the field.

Imagine a nickel set with McCray , Gratz and Will Blackmon at CB / Colvin and Cyprien at safety / Telvin Smith and Poz at the LB spots.

It's a good situation to have. Don't forget about Winston Guy and potentially Rashaad Reynolds.
Quote:Even last year Mccray looked decent being thrown into a starting role with zero pash rush and surrounded by other rooks. He has the aggressive mentality we are looking for along with good size and athleticism.

That said what happens to Ball and Will Blackmon? Both have played well especially last year. Dont know their contract length off the top but we could end up with a VERY deep CB set. Maybe so to where they move Colvin to FS as some have speculated just to get as many of them as possible on the field.

Imagine a nickel set with McCray , Gratz and Will Blackmon at CB / Colvin and Cyprien at safety / Telvin Smith and Poz at the LB spots.

I think the plan would be Ball and Gratz start. Blackmon at nickel. Ball has one year left on his deal. So in 2015, McCray steps into Ball's role. Colvin will be back too. I don't think he will play this year.
Quote:Like what's the need for this statement?

attention, he needs attention.
I think McCray has performed well enough but I just don't think we will see him supplant Gratz. Colvin has the talent to be one of the starting corners for sure, but if he isn't up to speed by next season because of his knee, we could see McCray get the spot.

Eventually as things are now, I see Gratz and Colvin as the long term starting pair.

Unless the jaguars wind up with an opportunity in the draft to get someone they can't pass up on. If one of the top CBs slip or something.

As of right now you would have to imagine the first round pick next year is going to the interior Oline. My early wish list is gonna be Grasu.

Pages: 1 2