Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Stadium upgrades?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
A little late but did the field appear to be dark to those of you at the game?  It did to me and I think the scoreboards did not allow the stadium lighting to do the job of properly lighting up the field.  I was also disappointed in the sound system, it sounded garbled in the north end zone.  Was that due to the cabana's and pool deck?  I also think we are going to lose what little breeze we had due to the huge wall I hope I am wrong on that.  Hopefully they can make the proper adjustments to the lighting and the sound before the season starts.

Regardless, glad to have football season back!

Quote:A little late but did the field appear to be dark to those of you at the game?  It did to me and I think the scoreboards did not allow the stadium lighting to do the job of properly lighting up the field.  I was also disappointed in the sound system, it sounded garbled in the north end zone.  Was that due to the cabana's and pool deck?  I also think we are going to lose what little breeze we had due to the huge wall I hope I am wrong on that.  Hopefully they can make the proper adjustments to the lighting and the sound before the season starts.

I was thinking the same thing about the lighting on the field.  I figured it was because my eyes were having a hard time adjusting between the bright scoreboards and the field lighting.
From our seats I did not notice any lighting issues. The sound was clear but varied in volume quite a bit. It's preseason for all I guess.

Now that I think about it, the air did seem a little "still".  We'll see how it is for the 1:00 Indy game in sunny 242. But, in the name of spousal harmony we might just be migrating to the home side for the next 20 seasons.

Actually, there were several lights out (I'm guessing intentionally) on both sides of the field. I'd guess there were 15-20 out in each bank of lights. My friend and I were talking about it during the game. I kinda have a feeling they did it to 'enhance' the scoreboards even more.
The scoreboards were constructed to have enough brightness during day games, with the sun directly on them.  I think they need to turn them down a little for the night games, if that is possible.  They were very very bright.  

I got a bit of a headache at first from switching back and forth between scoreboard and field.  The field was darker.  

That said, I am not complaining about the scoreboards.   They are awesome.   

I didn't notice any difference. 

I am interested to see the boards at the first early game.
Quote:A little late but did the field appear to be dark to those of you at the game?  It did to me and I think the scoreboards did not allow the stadium lighting to do the job of properly lighting up the field.  I was also disappointed in the sound system, it sounded garbled in the north end zone.  Was that due to the cabana's and pool deck?  I also think we are going to lose what little breeze we had due to the huge wall I hope I am wrong on that.  Hopefully they can make the proper adjustments to the lighting and the sound before the season starts.

But other than that the upgrades are awesome, right?
Quote:But other than that the upgrades are awesome, right?

The upgrades *are* pretty awesome. I didn't expect to be impressed but I was. It really changes the character of the stadium. I think it could even help make it louder as the stadium feels more closed in and less sound should escape. As someone mentioned the video boards are almost overwhelming but I suspect that effect will lessen as people get accustomed to them.
I didn't notice any difference from the Carrie Underwood night or the scrimmage night - for lighting or sound.

The audio seems significantly better this year than last, but perhaps that's just me.

When the video boards go to a pure white ad - it's like being present at the Rapture or something. Wow.

I, too, am curious as to if the boards will seem a little toned down during the 1:00 pm games.

I wonder what the visiting players think about the video boards. How do you not find yourself staring at those things?
The video boards have such a high quality picture they do make the actual gameplay on the field look a little dingy.

Can't wait for " Endless possibilities " to throw a roof on the Bank.
Quote:The upgrades *are* pretty awesome. I didn't expect to be impressed but I was. It really changes the character of the stadium. I think it could even help make it louder as the stadium feels more closed in and less sound should escape. As someone mentioned the video boards are almost overwhelming but I suspect that effect will lessen as people get accustomed to them.

When I walked in for the soccer game a few weeks ago, it felt like a new stadium.
The clarity of the boards should not change regardless of the time of games.  The goal was to make sure they were just as crystal clear and bright during the day as they are at night.  I think they've accomplished that after seeing them during the day and at night.  I think most of the issues people have with the field not appearing to be as bright as they recall has more to do with the overall brightness of the boards and little to do with the lighting.  As time goes by, people will get used to the boards and their viewing habits will return to what they were before.  I know most of the people in my section were seeing them for the first time, and they spent most of the game watching the boards. 

Quote:The clarity of the boards should not change regardless of the time of games. The goal was to make sure they were just as crystal clear and bright during the day as they are at night. I think they've accomplished that after seeing them during the day and at night. I think most of the issues people have with the field not appearing to be as bright as they recall has more to do with the overall brightness of the boards and little to do with the lighting. As time goes by, people will get used to the boards and their viewing habits will return to what they were before. I know most of the people in my section were seeing them for the first time, and they spent most of the game watching the boards.

I disagree about the lighting. I don't know if there are any shots on any of the broadcasts that would verify or not, but I am 100% positive that there were a good 10-15 lights (at least) that were not lit in each tower.
Quote:I disagree about the lighting. I don't know if there are any shots on any of the broadcasts that would verify or not, but I am 100% positive that there were a good 10-15 lights (at least) that were not lit in each tower.

With the Musco lighting system they have at the stadium, it's not necessary to have the entire bank of lights up and running. 
Quote:With the Musco lighting system they have at the stadium, it's not necessary to have the entire bank of lights up and running.
Gee thanks. I was obviously under the mistaken impression that there were MORE lights out than normal until I heard they were Musco lights. I'll have to straighten everybody out in my group.
The only concerns that I had was the sounds of the announcer. He sounded terrible. The sound system sounded much improved (true surround sound). The ribbons gives the stadium an different feel along w/the jumbotrons. San Fran just unveiled their billion $ stadium and their boards are tiny...

NH3...
Quote:The only concerns that I had was the sounds of the announcer. He sounded terrible. The sound system sounded much improved (true surround sound). The ribbons gives the stadium an different feel along w/the jumbotrons. San Fran just unveiled their billion $ stadium and their boards are tiny...

NH3...

The funny thing is I don't think they are that tiny.  Ours just makes them look tiny....lol