Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: How has Brandon Linder been?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I hadn't heard much of him during OTAs and camp up until today and now I'm reading from ESPN and BCC that he's looked good and potentially a solid starting caliber player. Anyone here can corroborate with that? If that's the case that is huge for our OL and I don't see why he isn't taking first team snaps against Detroit this week.

He's been quiet, which is good.

Quote:I hadn't heard much of him during OTAs and camp up until today and now I'm reading from ESPN and BCC that he's looked good and potentially a solid starting caliber player. Anyone here can corroborate with that? If that's the case that is huge for our OL and I don't see why he isn't taking first team snaps against Detroit this week.

In the game, he looked average and a little physically limited.  I think he'll end up being a low end starter.
He got some reps at center in today's practice. Hmmmmm

He showed flashes in the run game but needs to work on his balance. He was on the ground more than you would like on Friday.
Quote:He showed flashes in the run game but needs to work on his balance. He was on the ground more than you would like on Friday.

Pretty much my take.  It mostly came when he was blocking on the move.
He has locked up the other starting guard spot unless they try him at center like someone posted above.

Quote:Pretty much my take.  It mostly came when he was blocking on the move.

This was my concern with Linder. He's a big guy. Typically with guys like that, you really don't want him to do a lot of movement. From what we saw last year and what we heard they want to do more, they want to do a lot more movement/pulling stuff with our interior. With Jedd's familiarity with Miami, you figure he's confident that Linder can play/block in this scheme. Gotta hope that translates.