Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: "Cool Hand Blake"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Having watched Blake throughout his career at Ucf, one thing that always impressed me was his ability to stay focused no matter what obstacles the team was faced with.

One never lost hope that if behind, that a comeback was in sight.

Blake would make a bad throw, or a bad decision....and he would bounce back quickly.

So, what name fits him better than "Cool Hand Blake"?
My brother calls him Smortles.. Don't know why though....
This nickname BS is everywhere.  You can't force a nickname. They are earned over time not given.  As amazing and apt as it sounds to you, it sounds equally stupid to someone else.  This one is awful.  Just let this happen organically.

Tom Brady: no nickname. Let's hope he stays Blake Bortles.
Quote:Tom Brady: no nickname. Let's hope he stays Blake Bortles.

Tom Terrific.
How about nfl starting qb? This Nick name bs is tired and lame. Just stop already. 

I agree the nickname stuff needs to be put to rest. It'll happen when it happens.
Quote:Tom Brady: no nickname. Let's hope he stays Blake Bortles.

Quote:Tom Terrific.

Tom Terrific isn't something that "everyone" calls him. I've heard it said occasionally. 

Brady has no nickname and we shouldn't be trying to force one on Bortles, either. Its so lame to do that. 
Manning has a very good nickname tho Lol, Yea the crap needs to be put to rest
Some of our fans obsess over nicknames. Not sure why, but it's truly silly.
Biff Bortles.
I have yet to see a nickname for the guy that hasn't been totally lame. Some of y'all are trying WAY to hard!!!
I ended up without thought calling him "Bottle rocket" when he was throwing 15+ yard passes in a row on that drive.

Seriously, Its a major breath of fresh air to see the playbook open and a Jags QB just throw 15+ yard passes/routes with ease like that.

Don't care what "mature" people here say.  BortlesKombat and War-Bortle sound good to me.

Quote:I have yet to see a nickname for the guy that hasn't been totally lame. Some of y'all are trying WAY to hard!!!
Agreed.  This is especially true of the two above. 
Quote:Agreed. This is especially true of the two above.
I just don't understand the necessity of contrived nicknames in general.

They're all dumb.
seen this nickname topic on a few Jag pages. 

Its fun for some and others get upset.......then Jag fan vs Jag fan fighting begins.

I didnt realize it was such a big deal.

Christ. Stop it! It started with Sunshine for Gabbert...how'd that turn out. An eclipse.
Quote:Having watched Blake throughout his career at Ucf, one thing that always impressed me was his ability to stay focused no matter what obstacles the team was faced with.

One never lost hope that if behind, that a comeback was in sight.

Blake would make a bad throw, or a bad decision....and he would bounce back quickly.

So, what name fits him better than "Cool Hand Blake"?

This is a terrible idea, like jump to conclusions board game.

I dont get the pressing need to give him a nickname, but Blake Mortal Kombat Bortles is lame too.  Bortleback is kind of fitting since he had a desire to be a Linebacker once and runs like it. 

I am still a fan of Shake & Blake hehe

BB for short works...
Quote:Agreed.  This is especially true of the two above. 

We get it.  You're an all mighty admin.  You're sooooo cool and mature.

Wait till TMD posts here, then it'll be 15 pages of the two of you measuring yourselves.
Pages: 1 2