Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Most Impressive Thing I Noticed From Blake
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I think we're all very happy with what we saw from Bortles today, posting a strong outing and making the offense actually look like an offense. But one thing really stood out.

Before I talk about Blake I have to talk about Mike Brown. He had dropped two well-thrown passes from Blake and had gotten hit by a (Questionable) PI penalty. It was a pretty horrible night for the guy. With all that piling up, Blake still kept throwing to Brown, and didn't let Brown's mistakes scare him from throwing his way. That shows trust in a guy, and it really paid dividends in that field goal drive where Brown caught 2 passes for almost 40 yards.

Blake stuck with his guy even when he was struggling.

Bortles was consistently putting the passes into tight windows, and he's really starting to spin the ball more consistently. He showed a nice ability to throw on the move. It was a strong first outing which is exactly what you want.
Quote:Bortles was consistently putting the passes into tight windows, and he's really starting to spin the ball more consistently. He showed a nice ability to throw on the move. It was a strong first outing which is exactly what you want.

The best thing you can say about him is that he's fearless. 
Mike Brown may have "dropped 2 passes" but one of them he almost got decapitated on, so I really don't fault him on that. In fact, you don't really want the QB to hang him out like that.

The second one was a drop.
Quote:The best thing you can say about him is that he's fearless.

He stands in there and does his job. It's a nice change.
Quote:Mike Brown may have "dropped 2 passes" but one of them he almost got decapitated on, so I really don't fault him on that. In fact, you don't really want the QB to hang him out like that.

Yeah, he was going to get creamed on that play.
Bortles even knew how to slide properly.

Quote:I think we're all very happy with what we saw from Bortles today, posting a strong outing and making the offense actually look like an offense. But one thing really stood out.

Before I talk about Blake I have to talk about Mike Brown. He had dropped two well-thrown passes from Blake and had gotten hit by a (Questionable) PI penalty. It was a pretty horrible night for the guy. With all that piling up, Blake still kept throwing to Brown, and didn't let Brown's mistakes scare him from throwing his way. That shows trust in a guy, and it really paid dividends in that field goal drive where Brown caught 2 passes for almost 40 yards.

Blake stuck with his guy even when he was struggling.
. Peyton manning does the samething.
Quote:Bortles even knew how to slide properly.
he took a couple nasty hits on that slide.

He should have drawn a flag on that slide. He got hit helmet to helmet. The refs were letting a lot of stuff go.
Quote:Mike Brown may have "dropped 2 passes" but one of them he almost got decapitated on, so I really don't fault him on that. In fact, you don't really want the QB to hang him out like that.

That's definitely true. I wasn't too upset about that one, but it built up after the second one and the PI call. 

Quote:He stands in there and does his job. It's a nice change.

The stadium lit up when he came on the field, and he kept them going. 
Quote:He should have drawn a flag on that slide. He got hit helmet to helmet. The refs were letting a lot of stuff go.
That sack he took was pretty close to a horsecollar
I liked the way he scanned the field and looked off receivers. 

I liked his ability to move and throw on the move, his accuracy, and willingness to attack downfield.

That was nice, a lot of people were upset about that no-call.

Quote:. Peyton manning does the samething.

That's one of the main reasons Peyton's an all time great. He understands that guys will make mistakes sometimes, but he won't let that keep him from throwing to the open man.
Quote:I liked the way he scanned the field and looked off receivers. 

I liked his ability to move and throw on the move, his accuracy, and willingness to attack downfield.

It's so great to be this excited about a QB! He stepped onto the field and took control of it.
He saw and attacked the whole field. That's what I saw. Not going to go crazy. He'll likely struggle in the preseason at some point. And Henne will likely be better with his actual starters in the game. I think the team should be open to starting either QB. Whatever is best for the franchise.
Quote:That sack he took was pretty close to a horsecollar

Yeah, it was, but the refs just weren't giving us those calls tonight.
pff talking about the last part of your post, I find it interesting how vincent jackson basically stiff armed our DB off of him and didn't get a PI call, but hurns (?) barely touches a db and gets PI sir? hello?

Hope is now spelled B-O-R-T-L-E-S
Quote:pff talking about the last part of your post, I find it interesting how vincent jackson basically stiff armed our DB off of him and didn't get a PI call, but hurns (?) barely touches a db and gets PI sir? hello?

Yeah, I just watched that play again. That flag was one of many that were suspect.
Pages: 1 2