Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: The Bortles praise begins.....
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...ars-opener

I got to say the guy looked really good.  Good pocket awareness and zip on the ball

In b4 the "start Bortles" comments
I totally agree. His accuracy is eye popping too.

Quote: 

Both Henne and Bortles were saddled with a thin roster stripped of workhorse back Toby Gerhart and roughly 27 receiver
Laughing  :thumbsup:

Gus just stated that Bortles will be the starter in week one. You really had to listen closely to hear that.

Bortles has a lot of potential. I thought he looked really good tonight. Hope he continues to progress. Go Jags!

In other news Teddy Bridgwater didn't do so well
Per rotoworld:

Quote:Blake Bortles shines in preseason opener

Blake Bortles | JAC

(August 8, 2014 10:00 PM EDT)

Blake Bortles completed 7-of-11 passes for 117 yards in Friday night's preseason opener against the Bucs.

Bortles could have had a couple more completions had Mike Brown not dropped two passes downfield. The No. 3 overall pick came on in relief of Chad Henne midway through the second quarter and immediately started picking apart the Bucs' backup defense. His best throw was a 21-yard strike to UDFA WR Allen Hurns where Bortles looked off the safety and came back to Hurns. Bortles routinely was peppering his receivers in the intermediate-to-deep part of the field. Henne is locked in as the starter, but Bortles' debut qualifies as a huge success.
Marcedes Lewis said he and other team mates were on the sideline watching Bortles making "Big Boy"' throws...

pretty much says it all.

Still hope, they ease him into the season games.

Meanwhile, in San Francisco, Lame Gabbert goes 3 for 11 and 20 yards.

Thank you Dave!

I do want to see him get reps against first team guys this preseason at least.

You can see in one preseason game that Bortles has the mental toughness and courage to play the position.  Gabbert never did

I wonder if they'll start him in the preseason, at least. 

Quote:In other news Teddy Bridgwater didn't do so well
?  Not possible
Quote:? Not possible

Lol meet me at NFL at large
John Oesher reports that Gus will get Bortles playing time with the 1's. 

The thing is, we don't even have our best three WRs on the field, and our number one running back. Would love to see what Bortles could do with those guys.

Quote:John Oesher reports that Gus will get Bortles playing time with the 1's. 

The thing is, we don't even have our best three WRs on the field, and our number one running back. Would love to see what Bortles could do with those guys.
. Considering what he did with the second team he might even do better with the first team.
Quote:You can see in one preseason game that Bortles has the mental toughness and courage to play the position.  Gabbert never did

I agree 100%.  There was a play where he slid and his helmet got knocked off.  It looked like it fired him up.  I love a competitive spirit and Gabbert never showed that to me on the field.  It looks like Bortles has it in spades.  I hope I'm right about that.  
Trying my best to keep some perspective but it certainly does appear that Bortles has the "it factor" that we like to talk about but so seldom see. Love to see him get some time with the ones.
Quote:Trying my best to keep some perspective but it certainly does appear that Bortles has the "it factor" that we like to talk about but so seldom see. Love to see him get some time with the ones.

Dare I say it but the offense just looked totally different when Bortles walked onto the field.
He can put zip on the ball. I saw no arc in his 20 to 30 yard throws. Great touch on the bootleg throws too. Nice showing.

Do it again next week it's hard to deny him the start week 3.
Pages: 1 2 3