Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Bortles Kombat
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Great debut performance by Blake tonight. Much better than anyone could have expected. Accuracy was so impressive, and arm strength really good.

So question everyone is asking... Can you really start Henne week 1? The difference in quality between him and Henne is so massive

Lets keep it in perspective and see how he does against 1st stringers. It's a very encouraging start though and I'm getting more excited about this team by the day.
THE FUTURE!!! Sorry, I'm yelling. Very happy with his performance tonight. Excellent draft by our staff!!

He did very good this game, head and shoulders above Henne. That being said there is still 3 more games to get a look at him. If the next 3 games go similar to this then I don't see how they wouldn't start him.
I will reserve judgment until he plays the ones.

Stephen Morris will lead us to victory.

Would like to see him start the next preseason game against some one'a on d
He did play really well, But It still wasnt against 1s. Im also still scared of our OLine.

Is it true Blake asked the broadcast crew to call him "Snake"?

not saying i want henne to start, but I'd like to see how henne does with all of the starters, We have Robinson shorts, and Sanders all out. 

Quote:Lets keep it in perspective and see how he does against 1st stringers. It's a very encouraging start though and I'm getting more excited about this team by the day.
Exactly.  The guy was playing against two's.  Good performance.  He stands tall in the pocket and is aware.  2 traits gabbert never mastered
7-11 for 111 yards. Would've been even better if Mike Brown doesn't go butterfingers on a couple balls.
Bortles Kombat sounds dumb.  Bortle Kombat doesn't sound dumb.  

If Bortles is ready, I think he'll start. But only if he's ready. 

Henne is still Chad Henne.  Which most of us expected.  He'll go out there.  Some plays he'll look okay.  Some plays he'll look bad.  And some plays he'll make us remember Blaine Gabbert.

But if Bortles isn't ready, then there's no reason to throw him in there.  He looks better than Henne.  But let's be honest.  That's about as hard to do as sacking Blaine Gabbert.

Quote:7-11 for 111 yards. Would've been even better if Mike Brown doesn't go butterfingers on a couple balls.

He had some tough catches to make, and came through with a couple after the drops.  I think he did OK.    
Quote:Bortles Kombat sounds dumb.  Bortle Kombat doesn't sound dumb.  
His tongue is out on every throw. Blake the Snake must happen.
Quote:His tongue is out on every throw. Blake the Snake must happen.

B smooth.
Quote:His tongue is out on every throw. Blake the Snake must happen.
[Image: miley-cyrus-18-09-2013_0_0_0_0.jpg]

[Image: nfl_a_bortlesb_jv_600x400.jpg]

FATALITY!

Blake looks better... plus his nip is hard in the pic.

epic picture meme anyone?

Pages: 1 2