Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Luis Nix underwent knee surgery
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Per rotoworld:

Quote:Nix recovering from arthroscopic knee surgery

Louis Nix | HOU

(August 2, 2014 12:51 PM EDT)

Texans rookie NT Louis Nix underwent arthroscopic knee surgery prior to camp.

Nix required surgery on his left knee last November, but it is his right knee giving him trouble now. Coach Bill O'Brien did not discuss a timetable, but did say Nix would be "back out there at some point." Jerrell Powe will open the season as the Texans' starting nose tackle.

SOURCE: 

HOUSTON CHRONICLE

This may have been the reason why he slid all the way to the 3rd round.
A rookie nose tackle with knee problems is never a good thing.

I'd be curious to know what kind of surgery it was.  You're right that no knee surgery is good for a nose tackle, but some are worse than others, even if it's arthroscopic surgery.  

MJD had arthroscopic knee surgery a few years back.  It was microfracture surgery, which isn't a minor thing, and can result in real impacts to ability.   Surgery to both knees in less than a year?  Not good. 

Quote:I'd be curious to know what kind of surgery it was.  You're right that no knee surgery is good for a nose tackle, but some are worse than others, even if it's arthroscopic surgery.  

MJD had arthroscopic knee surgery a few years back.  It was microfracture surgery, which isn't a minor thing, and can result in real impacts to ability.   Surgery to both knees in less than a year?  Not good. 
Plus he ways a zillion pounds!!!   A little exaggerated
Quote:Per rotoworld:

This may have been the reason why he slid all the way to the 3rd round.
I wanted him if healthy and thought he would be one of the better NT in the league.  Glad we stayed away now though
I usually worry whenever a "heavy" player has a knee issue more than a "skill" player. Nix is a big guy and he's still not done growing/developing yet. From what I can tell he weighed in at 330 lbs but there are rumors that he played at 350. That's a lot of weight to put on a rebuilt knee.

Sounds like Alabamas Jesse Williams.  I wanted him also and was wondering why he fell in the draft and he is hurt now also just like Nix.  I think I have learned my lesson wanted big NT with knee problems. Williams and Nix if stayed healthy would be pro bowl players IMO.