Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Dog betrayal
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So we had to put down our dog a few weeks ago. After that I told the wife no more pets. I hate it getting all attached and then they die. It's not like my farm animals where you know your raising them for slaughter losing a dog sucks and I don't wanna do It again.

Well I came home and there's a puppy at my house, I'm kinda mad but there's nothing I can do now? You can't take the kids new dog away, damn you woman you out played me!

I've always told her it's better to ask for forgiveness than permission looks like she took my advice.
I'd be pretty mad about that but ya you're kinda stuck now.
Yeah...Mr Bunny got "me" a pit bull/bull mastiff puppy that way years ago! Had our three year old give it to me as a Mother's Day present. How do you undo that kind of gift????? :verymad:

He did soften the blow a little by having a big ol tennis bracelet attached to his little collar!! :thumbsup:
Quote:Yeah...Mr Bunny got "me" a pit bull/bull mastiff puppy that way years ago! Had our three year old give it to me as a Mother's Day present. How do you undo that kind of gift????? :verymad:

He did soften the blow a little by having a big ol tennis bracelet attached to his little collar!! :thumbsup:
That's a pretty cool way to present it.
My sister had a really sweet pit bull.  That being said, I'd never own one with a small child in the house.

Enjoy your new dog

Same thing happened with my girlfriends parents her Dad said "no more dogs" and her Mom bought a puppy for Christmas
I always wanted 2. Only 2. I ended up with 5 that very way. Kids would bring home a stray and it went from there. They tried a 6th, and I had to put my foot down. We found that one a new home and I said that the next time they brought another one home, I'm getting rid of all the dogs. No more have come home since.

You probably should have asked her to wait a while before getting a new dog.  Then you might have been more open to the idea. 

Our last dog died back in April.  My wife hasn't wanted to get a new one since.  (She had him since she was 16).  My kids have really really wanted one though.  When we're ready, we'll probably go down to the local animal shelter and pick one out.  It's sad when they pass, but it's wonderful to have them around.

I'll probably feel really sad once our cat passes.  She's the softest thing in the world.  (And I know all cat owners say that, but anybody who has touched her, has said so much.  touching her fur is euphoric)  But I'm glad we have her while we do.

Now you have carte blanche to get something you want Big Grin

I hate when people get a new pet after they've had one for like years and years. It's like "Hey, you were a joy these last 12 years but we can replace you easily and our bond was really not that much of anything". 

Quote:Now you have carte blanche to get something you want Big Grin

O worry not I plan on using that card. 
Quote:I'd be pretty mad about that but ya you're kinda stuck now.

It took me a couple days but I'm over being mad now, at least I like the dog, but damn she owe's me big time after this one.
This reminds of when my horrible bint of a housemate got a dog without asking or consulting me. Didn't even ask if I had any allergies (I don't BTW). Just got a text while at work saying "when you get back, we might have a new four legged housemate."

It wouldn't have been so bad but this dog was an adult, had spent most of his life on the streets in Spain somewhere and probably had been abused at some point in his life. So he wasn't house broken, didn't trust anyone and reacted aggressively to everyone, especially men and generally needed a ton of care and attention. Something my housemate couldn't provide since she had classes and a part time job to deal with as well. 

Quote:This reminds of when my horrible bint of a housemate got a dog without asking or consulting me. Didn't even ask if I had any allergies (I don't BTW). Just got a text while at work saying "when you get back, we might have a new four legged housemate."

It wouldn't have been so bad but this dog was an adult, had spent most of his life on the streets in Spain somewhere and probably had been abused at some point in his life. So he wasn't house broken, didn't trust anyone and reacted aggressively to everyone, especially men and generally needed a ton of care and attention. Something my housemate couldn't provide since she had classes and a part time job to deal with as well.

Sounds like an awesome pet...
Quote:Sounds like an awesome pet...
Yeah, I could have dealt with it if she hadn't brought a stupid dog home as well. 
Quote:This reminds of when my horrible bint of a housemate got a dog without asking or consulting me. Didn't even ask if I had any allergies (I don't BTW). Just got a text while at work saying "when you get back, we might have a new four legged housemate."

Is that why you're so bitter?
I've figured it out, come tax return time and I've paid off some bills I'm bringing home a new bike. I sold mine so we could buy the house and she's been pretty difficult about me getting a new one, fair enough right now I don't have the money anyway. But when I'm caught up, Daddy's bringing home a new bike and "surprise!"