Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: I haz a sad
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Over 30,000 marijuana plants were discovered growing about 5 miles from my house yesterday. Some were cut down, loaded on National Guard trucks and burned at the county jail parking lot.

Such a senseless waste.

In these parts, when a part time deputy gets a tip of this magnitude, it really means a payoff was missed. Our sheriff is as crooked as it gets. To give you an idea, he cannot carry a firearm as a condition of the probation he's under for spousal abuse.

[Image: 4361436_G.jpg]

That's when you set up a lawn chair downwind from the parking lot.

Reminds you of the barrel busting in prohibition
Meanwhile, the inmates at the jail reported feeling chill. Really chill, bro.

"Hey public!  Look what we did to make your lives better!  We destroyed a valuable, non-life threatening plant!"

Quote:"Hey public!  Look what we did to make your lives better!  We destroyed a valuable, non-life threatening plant!"

Exactly, and this little pile was just for show. They used helicopters to load enough on trucks to put on this little display in front of a jail which is in such disrepair they had to move all inmates to a neighboring county's jail for over a week while repairs were done. That weed would have generated tens of millions in revenue, even at wholesale value.

But it's a gateway drug, dontcha know?
Quote:But it's a gateway drug, dontcha know?
The only gateway drugs on the market right now are Vicodin and other pain killers. 
Quote:The only gateway drugs on the market right now are Vicodin and other pain killers. 
Touchdown!
Quote:The only gateway drugs on the market right now are Vicodin and other pain killers. 

Stop being silly. Those drugs are good, because super wealthy corporations and the people in charge of them control those drugs and make tons of money off of them.

The reason Marijuana is so bad is because it grows super easily anywhere and it's very hard for super wealthy people to get even wealthier if just anyone can grow it instead of having to pay for the corporate drugs.
Pain clinics are a cottage industry here. My doctor told me her colleagues advised against starting a practice in this county if she would not write scripts for narcotics upon demand. So far, she's proven their prediction of a failed practice wrong, but other doctors are making fortunes.

Quote:Stop being silly. Those drugs are good, because super wealthy corporations and the people in charge of them control those drugs and make tons of money off of them.

The reason Marijuana is so bad is because it grows super easily anywhere and it's very hard for super wealthy people to get even wealthier if just anyone can grow it instead of having to pay for the corporate drugs.

Do you honestly think marijuana is a suitable substitute for prescription pain killers?
Quote:Do you honestly think marijuana is a suitable substitute for prescription pain killers?

Yes, they do because anecdote and evil big pharma.  Rolleyes

I've got chronic back pain from a car wreck in my teens. Some mornings out of the blue I can't stand up straight. I've used just about everything including the illegal stuff to try and cope.

In order of effectiveness:

1 - Chiropractor and PT

2 - Pharmacology

3 - Weed

4 - Alcohol

5 - Grin and bear it

But I am a proponent of decriminalization, I just don't think it's government's role to keep people from using for recreation.

Quote:Yes, they do because anecdote and evil big pharma.  Rolleyes

I've got chronic back pain from a car wreck in my teens. Some mornings out of the blue I can't stand up straight. I've used just about everything including the illegal stuff to try and cope.

In order of effectiveness:

1 - Chiropractor and PT

2 - Pharmacology

3 - Weed

4 - Alcohol

5 - Grin and bear it

But I am a proponent of decriminalization, I just don't think it's government's role to keep people from using for recreation.

Wealth envy certainly seems to guide his arguments.
Quote:Do you honestly think marijuana is a suitable substitute for prescription pain killers?

It depends. In my case, it does not mask or numb the pain, like narcotics, it affects the way my body deals with the pain. It is 100% effective, and it only takes a small amount 2 - 3 times per day. Studies have shown that, while tolerance does build for the "stoned" effect, it is much less dramatic with the pain killing effects. That is certainly not true of narcotics. Sooner or later, if the source of the pain is incurable, a stronger narcotic will be required.

As for the root reasons cannabis use is still illegal in most of our country, it's a combination of factors. In the states where it is now legal, one of the biggest group of opponents were black market dealers and growers. The ease of which it can be grown for personal use makes it an unpredictable source of tax revenue. One of my friends works for the local county weekly newspaper and accompanied DEA agents at the growing site where the 37,000 plants were discovered. One agent told her this is all he does, destroying grow sites in Tennessee, North Carolina, Kentucky and Georgia, and it's a full time job. New sites are discovered every week. Consider the cost of manpower and equipment, as well as potential revenue literally gone up in smoke, ironically in front of a county jail in such bad need of repair all prisoners were transferred to a neighboring county facility after an inmate was nearly fatally electrocuted by a faulty outlet.

It's pure madness. I can imagine every one of those agents relaxing after a hard days work with one or more ice cold beers, the irony not lost on them.