Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Question for Mods
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
What happened to the thread titled "Jay Fant"? 

censoring the political forum already??

:down: 

Quote:censoring the political forum already??

:down:

That's what we all love about you, TMD. You never let your ignorance of facts to stop you from forming an opinion.
Quote:That's what we all love about you, TMD. You never let your ignorance of facts to stop you from forming an opinion.

Hey, it was only a question....don't get defensive. 

Besides, I got the guts to say what others are also probably thinking but afraid to say. B)

I got a personal message that explained it, and it makes some sense. 

Hard to know where the lines should be drawn in these things.  

Quote:Hey, it was only a question....don't get defensive. 

Besides, I got the guts to say what others are also probably thinking but afraid to say. B)

Having the guts to ask a dumb question is not exactly an admirable trait.
I am altering the deal, pray I don't alter it any further. 

Quote:I got a personal message that explained it, and it makes some sense. 

Hard to know where the lines should be drawn in these things.  

Well I wish someone would fill me in,....

I think if a thread is removed, like apparently the one in question, wouldn't it help to post a reasoning as to why it was, so the masses can know what to avoid for future reference?
Quote:Well I wish someone would fill me in,....

I think if a thread is removed, like apparently the one in question, wouldn't it help to post a reasoning as to why it was, so the masses can know what to avoid for future reference?

Do you really want that kind of thread allowed? Where a candidates plant sign up just to post free ad time for their candidate and not really discuss anything?
Quote:<a class="bbc_url" href='http://jungle.jaguars.com/index.php?/topic/5850-political-discussion-forum/'>http://jungle.jaguars.com/index.php?/topic/5850-political-discussion-forum/</a>

I figured it out and I hadn't even read that thread yet! :thumbsup:
Quote:Do you really want that kind of thread allowed? Where a candidates plant sign up just to post free ad time for their candidate and not really discuss anything?

I didn't know the Fant thread was of that type. 

Quote:I didn't know the Fant thread was of that type.

Didn't start that way...but second post was one of his workers pimpiing him out on here!
Quote:I figured it out and I hadn't even read that thread yet! :thumbsup:

Thought you'd like that.
Quote:Do you really want that kind of thread allowed? Where a candidates plant sign up just to post free ad time for their candidate and not really discuss anything?
Exactly.  There's a line, and that crossed it. 
Quote:Thought you'd like that.

Yes I did!! :yes:

I didn't get a chance to read the thread, but if that's what it was, then I'm glad it was removed.  I enjoy discussion when it comes to political matters and pretty much despise political ads.
Just to clarify, I started the Jay Fant thread, but I was not the one who got it thrown out.

I described a piece of negative mail I got from his opponent, and one of his fans responded with a rather lengthy defense of him that came off like a campaign commercial.

So I guess the mods felt like they had to draw the line at that point.

I don't really agree, but I understand their dilemma and I'm not upset about it.
Quote:Just to clarify, I started the Jay Fant thread, but I was not the one who got it thrown out.

I described a piece of negative mail I got from his opponent, and one of his fans responded with a rather lengthy defense of him that came off like a campaign commercial.

I don't really agree, but I understand their dilemma and I'm not upset about it.

You have been around here long enough, so I doubted that it was your fault.  I personally don't agree with everything that happens on this forum either (all of the Jaguars message board), but rules are rules.  The mods do a pretty good job for the most part to enforce the rules.

I happen to like having a political discussion forum, and don't want to see it get taken down for having problems.  Let's all just keep it civil.
Quote:Just to clarify, I started the Jay Fant thread, but I was not the one who got it thrown out.

Looked more like a campaign worker than just a fan.
Pages: 1 2